Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myskina's coach (another Damir Dokic?) :eek:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Tennis/WTA/2003/08/08/156561-cp.html

While Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne and Hantuchova breezed through their matches, Myskina and Mauresmo struggled to find their groove. Myskina received a scare from Australian Nicole Pratt but managed to regroup for a 3-6, 7-6 (2), 6-4 win while Mauresmo made several errors in the first set before bouncing back in a 3-6, 6-1, 6-2 victory over Elena Likhovsteva of Russia.

Myskina was down as much as 5-1 in the second set. Her coach was so unhappy with her play that he stormed off the court.

"He was really mad that I was down and I just said that I have to win because I don't want to make him even more angry," Myskina said.

As she got further and further behind, the negative thoughts took over.

"That I'm going to go home, that I'm going to quit tennis, I'm not going to go on the court anymore in my life," she said of what flashed through her head. "Always when you're losing you don't want to play, you hate tennis. But as soon as you win, everything is really good."

In the third round, Myskina will face Elena Dementieva. The two are among several Russian players in the top 50 right now.

"I think it will be a really tough match for both of us," she said. "It's going to be tough mentally."

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
wow, I didn't know about that. Maybe that would explain the snapshot from a couple of weeks back where Nastasya seemed to be crying next to an audience enclosure while watching a match.

It sort of reminds me of Daniela's situation this year though. Her coach left during that awful RG match and one can hypothesize that similar thoughts were going through her head when she broke down repeatedly at wimby.

Good Luck Nastasya, you shouldn't feel that way about your tennis :wavey:

·
Premium Member
182,033 Posts
her coach is Jens Gerlach (her bf)
her dad Andrei is pretty calm, not seen him on tour with her for some time now since Jens has been around.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I read that too. For Myskina to say that she contemplates quitting tennis for good just because she's losing and knows she's gonna piss off her coach... thats pretty extreme.

·
Keeper of Secrets
9,143 Posts
"That I'm going to go home, that I'm going to quit tennis, I'm not going to go on the court anymore in my life," she said of what flashed through her head. "Always when you're losing you don't want to play, you hate tennis. But as soon as you win, everything is really good."

she acts like it's the end of the world if she loses a match... actually it's probably why Myskina doesn't do too well when she plays the top players.

·
Banned
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just simply can't believe the comments made by Myskina. :eek: You need to show no fear and be mentally tough every time you step on the court no matter what happens.

Don't let your coach fool you, Myskina. Tennis is part of your life that you want to choose to do so and love the game so much, win or lose.

Go Myskina!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
You tell her Sharky! ;) Anastasia is so dramatic! :eek:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I can't believe Natsya felt that way!!! Her coach should go to hell for the support he's shown her!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
wow I didnt know shed be like that lol........way to like commit suicide over a match hehe...........geez when I'm down or losing, ya of course you get frustrated and angry and wanna come back.......but never have I thought of quitting lol.......i think its actually FUN to lose sometimes because you get to go work on your mistakes and improve your game

·
Premium Member
37,187 Posts
Sharky said:
"He was really mad that I was down and I just said that I have to win because I don't want to make him even more angry," Myskina said.

:help: she sounds like a housewife who regularly gets beaten by her husband and has to keep quiet and still so she she doesn't make him angry. very sad.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Its not her dad its her boyfriend. More like another... cant remember his name but he used to date Babsi and would throw a w obbly everytime she was down.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Did he really used to date Babsi? Cos she went out with Bernoldi too, right? How many of her exes are dating other WTA players now? I'm curious!

·
Registered
931 Posts
When I saw how the scoreline went (thanks to those who watch the scoreboard and report how the games go down) I thought "Great, Anastasia comes back from a hole; this is a great lesson." She may get more out of that than a safer win. Down 3-6, 1-5 and she wins the match. Great. Most give up then.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
It sounds like a psychologically abusive relationship on the outside, but it's possible that they completely separate their personal lives from their professional lives. He's not the first coach to ever walk out on his charge. Lindsay Davenport, Daniela Hantuchova, Mary Pierce and Venus Williams have all had their coaches walk out on them during matches. So maybe the situation with Anastasia is not quite as bad as we think it is and could possibly be more in her head than anything else.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
matthias said:
he is not the first coach who left the court, so don´t be so dramatic about it
I agree, he is not the first to walk out, and to be disappointed in his charge. There is absolutely nothing to suggest he is abusive so dont go jumping to conclusions. There are very serious accusations being made over some stupid article that doesnt even mention anything that bad.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If he is the guy who coach Babsi , is he the guy that said he #[email protected]% :secret: :tape: with her before and after the matches in the locker room?
:eek: :eek:

I think she should fired him!!! :fiery: :fiery:
If I paid him and he left the court I will do it. :devil: :devil:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts