Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Althogh myskina does not have any 'big wins' (really) She is Russia's best all around player...and very funny person :)
did anyone hear her talk about her card game (and win. $50 ) LOL and the donut thing was funny too :)

·
Banned
191 Posts
Big wins? Clijsters. Twice. Henin. Hingis. Hantuchova (absolute thrashings, BTW). Rubin. Dementieva.

And yes, she is SEVERELY underrated.

·
Banned
191 Posts
What's a weapon? An offensive shot, or a strong point? If it's an offensive shot, than what about Hingis or Evert? They didn't have any big weapons. If it's a strong point, do you mean to say Myskina has no strong points? Is blitzing speed a weapon?

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
imo everything in her game is very consistent so when the top players have a bad day she has enough game to beat them but if they are playing well (and they do most of the time) they just over power her.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
you can say that about pistolesi. she's beaten clijsters, henin, rubin, hantuchova, dokic (twice), and myskina all as top 10 players. she beat all of them last year except myskina who she beat this year. and she took mauresmo to 3 sets this year, capriati to 3 sets this year.

you can also say that about shaughnessy who has beaten quite a few players who were in the top 10 at that time including venus twice, seles, clijsters twice, hantuchova last year.

a lot of players have has the sort of results as myskina has. i'm a fan of myskina and she is under-rated but that's because most people think she shouldn't be in the top 10. she's top 10 material but certainly not top 5. i think the highest she should get is to #8 everyone else above that are just better than her.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Myskina is underrated because she underperformes, she could be so much better then she is.

·
Registered
22,590 Posts
Myskina is the worst top 10 player ever!

The mere fact that Serra-Zanetti served for the match against her is ridicuals as she is also awful!

How Myskina ever made top 10 is beyond me!

·
Premium Member
26,690 Posts
I don't think she is under-rated at all but she is underhyped which is not always a bad thing. She has had some good wins but I have seen her play remarkably badly for someone who has won multiple titles. She needs to develop more consistency otherwise her top ten place will always be under threat.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
shes consistent where it matters: qtrs at aus 2003, 4th rd wimby 2003, now close to making the qtrs again at the us open....making the quarters of both the AUS and US Opens surely is indicative that she has played top ten tennis this year atleast on HARD.

Add to that she won a tier 2 title on hard last year. :)

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,878 Posts
SM said:
shes consistent where it matters: qtrs at aus 2003, 4th rd wimby 2003, now close to making the qtrs again at the us open....making the quarters of both the AUS and US Opens surely is indicative that she has played top ten tennis this year atleast on HARD.

Add to that she won a tier 2 title on hard last year. :)
Hardcourts is definitely her best surface. But making QFs of few Slams could mean little. Hantuchova made plenty of those, courtesy of easy draws.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yes I agree that nastya is underrated, she plays a very good all around game and if she improves her serve she will be even more succesful.
then again nastya is my fav. player so I might be biased, but she deserves a lot more credit than shes getting and yea true she' struggled a bit so far in the us open, but she's still winning and thats the most important thing, Agassi also played well below his standards against dent, but still ended up winning and that's the most important thing.
unfortunatley I had no chance to see her play Mary, but from what I've heard she played much better.
good luck nastya :worship:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.