Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Hantuchova losing, and Chanda hurt, Myskina is #8, is that a career high for her??

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
well yea, a career high... for a career that has no defining moment. i dont dislike her at all really, i just havent ever considered her a threat to win a big title which means that either i am overlooking her or she has moved up only because of the slump a few players are finding themselves in (seles, rubin, dokic, hantuchova)

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
damn, daniela should be #8 !
too bad she lost to suarez, but whatcha gonna do about it.. nothing so why be sad :p

ciao M

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
She was a threat for Clijsters at the beginning of Clijsters' career, but Clijsters has changed their head-to-head in her favor.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
well yea, a career high... for a career that has no defining moment. i dont dislike her at all really, i just havent ever considered her a threat to win a big title which means that either i am overlooking her or she has moved up only because of the slump a few players are finding themselves in (seles, rubin, dokic, hantuchova)
Yet I would have to make her the valedictorian of the Russian crew now. She is one of the few to win a title (I think she's won 2 or 3) AND she has now matched Anna's career high ranking of 8, which none of the others have done. I'm not sure if any of these Russian girls are top 5 material (Sharapova is a strong possibility though), but I am now thinking there may be 6 or even 7 of them crowded into the top 20 somewhere in the next 2 years.

·
HAND SCRAPED
7,145 Posts
not really had a number 8's year tho so far... so i don't think she'll be there by november.

in tournaments tier 2 and above (the ones that matter), she has

Aussie Open QF
Dubai QF
Rome QF
4th Round W'don.

All other decent results are tier 3 and below. Not the greatest.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sonic The Hedgehog said:
not really had a number 8's year tho so far... so i don't think she'll be there by november.

in tournaments tier 2 and above (the ones that matter), she has

Aussie Open QF
Dubai QF
Rome QF
4th Round W'don.

All other decent results are tier 3 and below. Not the greatest.
She has a lot of points to defend after the US Open. So, if she's still #8 in November, that meant she had a great fall again, and then you'll think she deserves it, no?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts