Tennis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Knizzle said:
She couldn't catch up to too many of Juju's shots. I failed to see her tour best speed. :confused:
I agree! She is not slow and covers the court pretty well, but fastest.......not by a long shot. :cool:

·
Registered
24,739 Posts
im sorry, but she looked slow and awkward going for the ball OFTEN. fastest-- no way. slowest-- no way. this is just something she could possible improve. everyone says this is about her peak ranking, but she has a lot of work to do right there. she also misses shots from the midcourt far too often.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
players like coetzer, schiavone, harkleroad, williams sisters, henin, zvonareva are quicker. all the scramblers are quicker. she isn't slow but she's not the fastest.

·
Banned
191 Posts
She is by far the fastest. Period. Henin's winners were mostly wrong-footers. Perhaps you missed when she chased Henin's drop volley, Henin lobbed Myskina (both at net), the ball landed on the baseline, and Myskina ran about 10 feet behind the baseline to catch it and lob back? Whatever. Fastest on tour. :)

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
i didn't see that but i can do that so it's not all that special to me. however being the fastest on tour isn't based on one or 2 points (or it shouldn't be). it should be based on a players overall performance in a match. players need the endurance to be able to do it the whole match to be called the fastest player on tour.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Zvonerevian said:
She is by far the fastest. Period. Henin's winners were mostly wrong-footers. Perhaps you missed when she chased Henin's drop volley, Henin lobbed Myskina (both at net), the ball landed on the baseline, and Myskina ran about 10 feet behind the baseline to catch it and lob back? Whatever. Fastest on tour. :)
omg stop already with saying nastya is the fastest!! she's fast but NOT the fastest..

·
Registered
829 Posts
Define the question operationally, otherwise it has no meaning. Faster in what? Sprints or marathons? Are we talking about those ocassional bursts of speed or as Gowza is trying to answer, her average speed of court coverage throughout the match?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Tarsius said:
Define the question operationally, otherwise it has no meaning. Faster in what? Sprints or marathons? Are we talking about those ocassional bursts of speed or as Gowza is trying to answer, her average speed of court coverage throughout the match?
Personally since this is tennis I speak with regards to, it is court coverage. Myskina does not cover the court the best. She does well but there are others who cover better side to side as well as baseline to net. :cool:

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Myskina was much faster than that in Austrailia when i saw her match against Clijsters. I think the rain delays really drained her.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's very rare to see a player hit alot of winners against the WS because they cover the court the best of anyone. Juju would never hit winners like that with a WS on the other side of the court. People were saying that Myskina had great footwork and moved better, but if that were true she wouldn't have been wrong footed for winners so easily.

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
The idiot only stated that Myskina is the fastest because he knows that it is really Serena and Venus who are faster.

Anyway, I think Myskina's haircut is horrible and it does nothing for her face. Now she has a ok game but she'll not be top ten for long. Never top 5. Her serve needs work and she needs more power.

Now what I thought was funny was the poster who stated that Justine is not all power. ROTFLMAO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.