Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went 2 days, and saw Sveta both times.

The first tuesday, I caught her coming back from practising, after watching her. I went up to her and asked for her autograph, she had to juggle a lot of raquets to be able to hold my pen, but was very nice about it. I said good luck, she said thank you. And then she lost first round :sad: I only go to see her match on the big screen during one of the rain delays.

My second day was the second monday. She's much shorter than I thought she would be. This time we saw her heading towards practice courts, I figured she wouldn't remember me, so I asked her for her autograph again :eek: She was again very nice. Then went to the practice courts to watch, the same one as the first tuesday. She was practicing with ASV, and her coach(?) It was very lighthearted, Sveta shouting some times, throwing her raquet about, and generally chatting in Spanish (I think). And to Elena Likhovtseva who was practising in the court next door to her....

And then Sian saw her watching ASV playing her doubles match.

Anyway, here are my pics.
 

Attachments

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
7,371 Posts
thanks a lot for your pics!!!! they're great :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wicked pictures, Elske!!! Did you have a great day??

Did you catch the beginning of the match, and whatever the hell Sveta was wearing on her head? Some weird hanky/backward cap combo. It looked awful. Whoever designed it should be shot.
 

·
Kitty's muff muncher
Joined
·
27,406 Posts
veryborednow said:
Wicked pictures, Elske!!! Did you have a great day??

Did you catch the beginning of the match, and whatever the hell Sveta was wearing on her head? Some weird hanky/backward cap combo. It looked awful. Whoever designed it should be shot.
i went on tuesday & wednesday, was great to see so many players (especially lindsay :hearts: ;) :D ). I didn't see the beginning of the match, i think we arrived in the middle of the second set.. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,636 Posts
veryborednow said:
I went 2 days, and saw Sveta both times.

The first tuesday, I caught her coming back from practising, after watching her. I went up to her and asked for her autograph, she had to juggle a lot of raquets to be able to hold my pen, but was very nice about it. I said good luck, she said thank you. And then she lost first round :sad: I only go to see her match on the big screen during one of the rain delays.

My second day was the second monday. She's much shorter than I thought she would be. This time we saw her heading towards practice courts, I figured she wouldn't remember me, so I asked her for her autograph again :eek: She was again very nice. Then went to the practice courts to watch, the same one as the first tuesday. She was practicing with ASV, and her coach(?) It was very lighthearted, Sveta shouting some times, throwing her raquet about, and generally chatting in Spanish (I think). And to Elena Likhovtseva who was practising in the court next door to her....

And then Sian saw her watching ASV playing her doubles match.

Anyway, here are my pics.
Great pics!
Yeah we saw a lot of Sveta this wimby :) And it was great when she turned up to watch Arantxa's doubles :bounce: SvetaRockz!
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: TartarVicario

·
YOU'RE WELCOME!
Joined
·
6,880 Posts
Since when did you happily give your email address out so publicly?

Anyhoo, I have to admit that I probably saw more of Sveta than anyone else this Wimbledon, despite not really seeking her out. She had a habit of either being at the practice courts when we got there, or arrived at some stage while we were watching. Either way, we saw a lot of her, without actually seeing any of her matches.

I'll get around to posting any pics I've got when I'm home and can access everything.

Oh, and SvetaRockz. And so does her free t-shirt.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When it's my second e-mail address used for admin purposes only.

But I'll get rid of it now.

Are we going to trash this forum too? It need livening up.
 

·
YOU'RE WELCOME!
Joined
·
6,880 Posts
Trash a thread? Not in my nature.







Ok then, I'll speak to some celebs later tonight and see if they'll stop by.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Ooh, is this Wimbledon talk? If so, don't ignore me. Remember I was there the whole fortnight being the best presenter ever. Svetlana certainly looks like a player to keep an eye on in the future.

I hope you enjoyed your time at Wimbledon and finding Svetlana helped you over the absence of Pam. People as wondrous as you understand the amazement of Pam.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This place is deaded than The Den was when I stumbled upon back in the days....

I'm going to go find some Sveta pics... Liven this place up
 

·
YOU'RE WELCOME!
Joined
·
6,880 Posts
Considering I saw bucketloads of her, I only seem to have one decent pic. This is as good as it gets.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,026 Posts
Snuffkin said:
Considering I saw bucketloads of her, I only seem to have one decent pic. This is as good as it gets.
What a pamtastic tshirt! Whoever owns them rockz. Do they make them in Baby sizes, I'd like George to have one. (and the baby) ;)
 

·
Tart with a Heart
Joined
·
15,747 Posts
PamShriverRockz said:
Great pics!
Yeah we saw a lot of Sveta this wimby :) And it was great when she turned up to watch Arantxa's doubles :bounce: SvetaRockz!
*I know I'm a bit late with this but..*

Gah - Sian; you must have seen me too - I was sitting right next to her! One of these Wimbledons we'll actually get round to speaking to each other...
 
  • Like
Reactions: MLF

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,636 Posts
JonBcn said:
*I know I'm a bit late with this but..*

Gah - Sian; you must have seen me too - I was sitting right next to her! One of these Wimbledons we'll actually get round to speaking to each other...
No way! I was standing fairly near behind you. Tsk, small world...Especially if you're a giraffe like Pam. ;)
I still owe you a drink of Aunty Ginny's fine Pimms for sending me that Arantxa retirement mag Jon, I've not forgotten. Pamtastic that was :)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top