Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey: Hi people, as you can see I’m back!!! I’m truly tired as I haven’t slept a lot, but it’s worth it!!!!!
I must confess I’m very surprised, I didn’t think I could be without internet for 2 weeks, but I did, and I feel really proud of it, on the other hand I admit I’ve missed wtaworld a lot, especially the thread where I use to post, and some posters as well, as all in Yvonath, what song are you listening, what group and the whole Spanish Armada...
Anyway I promised myself I’d made a post about this holidays so here it goes!!!!

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Day 1: the traveling day

I had to take a Lufthansa plane in Barcelona, in the airport I’d meet the friend I’ve been with too. I took the bus to Bcn at 5 in the morning, not the firsst time I do something like this, but this time I spend the trip sleeping, surprising since usually I can’t sleep in buses....anyway it arrived at Sants station at 8.40 more or less, there you must take a train that leaves you in the airport, so was my intention when suddenly I meet an ancient mate from primary school so were talking a lot, had breakfast and wait to the train without paying too much attention, so the train came and we jumped in as he’s was going to El Prat too, of course in the train the conversation was continued when suddenly the train stopped and the controler told us we were in Hospitalet and it finished there, we commit the mistake of taking that train and not the one with the same number but that continues to the airport, so as the other boy was in hurry we took a taxi to arrive as soon as possible...
Finally arrived to the airport we say goodbye and I went to my terminal where I waited my friend, she arrived, we went to check in (queues in Lufthansa are huge!!!!) and the guy there told us it was delayed, so we went to eat something (for free as it was Lufthansa’s fault!) and waited, two hours later than expected people began to go in the plane, we arrive a bit late since the air conditioning wasn’t working in that waiting hall so we had gone to another one.
During the flight we realised that due to the delay we had lost the other one ( we were flying BCN- Munich- Rome) so asking to the stewardess told us to go to the company site in Munich airport after landing, so we did that and gave use tickets to a later flight and a 15€ token to eat...we walk around the airport, that is the best I’ve ever seen, so new, with press and coffees for free, clean and modern toilets...., we had lunch or dinner until went in the plane, an this time we had to wait inside for an hour due to “some technical problems”, after it the plane took off and next to me there was an old Italian lady, she was really nice and we’re talking about Rome, Spain and so in Italian, at the end she told me she used to work as teacher and my Italian was really good for a foreign, I hardy have things to improve, that made me so pround, but at the same time I thought she was only being gentle!!!.
We arrive to Fiumicino, took the baggage and take a train that leaves you in Termini station, there we took a bus that left us in the street of our house...

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Day 2: Exam day

Don’t forget the real reason to go to Rome was make a course to improve my Italian, an excuse as anyother to visist it, but I had to make a level test and after it they gave us maps and a conference about Rome...in the afternoon I had my first lesson.
After it we went to do some tourism, we walk a lot from P.zza del Popolo to Fontana di Trevi walking in every single street at both sides of Via del Corso....those were full of Armani, Valentino, Dolce & Gabana and more shops of that type. We saw lots of churches, all of them really nice,P.zza Venecia, the Spanish steps, always crowded of people, and lots of little Piazzas.

Day 3
Lessons were in the mornings, so we had all the afternoons to do tourism, that one we went to castel of San Angelo, that is at the other side of the Tiber just in front of the Vatican, the Castle was not to big but nice in my opinion and from the top there was the most beautiful sight of Rome I saw, you could see all domes of Basilics and churches...really nice, we spent the afternoon walking all Lungoteveres and looking the Bridges, some of them, as Ponte Amadeo, were impressive, but to be sincere I got easily impress since I haven’t travelled a lot.

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Day 4
We had an appointment in the Spanish steps to go for a coffee and walk a bit so we did that, do you know what’s the face you got when paying more than 4€ for a Coke??? I discovered it that day.....

Day 5: Trastevere
In the morning we went to San Giovanni Laterano, one of the most important Basilics in Rome, it was great and impressive!!!
We wanted to eat a Pizza in Trastevere (as all regular tourists do) so we went there to look for a nice and not expensive restaurant, to see Santa Maria in Trastevere, and to visit the quarter in general, I didn-t like it too much, was dirty and full of drunks, but even there my friend said it has something charmed that I-m still trying to discover...we saw a restaurant and made the reservation

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Day 6: Passegiatta with the school to Garbatella

It says it all, we were there and the place was not great, however the teacher that took us there explained facts of the quarter and related some places to films where those can be seen and that luckily I-d seen as “Una goirnata particulare”, “Le Fatte ignorante” and “Caro diario” (this one the only I hadn-t seen)
After, we went home, had a shower and go to eat to Trastevere... the place was nice and the service excelent, we order, some went to the toilent and before coming pizzas were already served in the table looking great and tasting even better, and so cheap!!!! that-s why I-ll give the name of it, it-s called “La Torre” and situated in “Via Natale del Grande”. After it, a walk and going home, next one was going to be a long day...

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Day 7: the Vatican

We wanted to avoid long queues so at 9.30 we were already there, we waited a bit and come in to San Pietro....well I-m catholic non practicant and not a real believer, as 90 per cent of Spanish, however I think when coming there you got some kind of spiritual moment while watching marble statues, domes, paints and so I think it-s realted to its majestuosity more to be the core of Catholic religion, and it must happen to all tourist in there.
We were lucky enough to place in the first row of people watching “La Pietà”, one Bernini-s masterpieces, and I took a pic of it, its shone like the sun but was much smaller that I though.
After we went to Vatican Museums (as The Crow told me in the band thread, see I-m regular tourist too) they are huge and full of ancient and modern art, here I must tell a funny story, we wanted to go to Sixtine chappel, and we saw a notice pointing a way, so we took that way and arrived there, crowded, of course but that leaves you speechless...I wanted to take a pic, but of course it was forbidden so at the end I didn-t take it, we went out of there and follow a corridor that finished at the end of the visit! So we asked to a securite member and took us to a stair, after goint them up we saw we were in the start of the visit again!!!! We saw it again and this time didn-t took the way that only takes you to the Chappel, we saw Raffael paintins, Egypcian tombs and so on...the visit finished in the Sixtine Chappel again, consequently when being there I had a dilemma, my evil me told me to take a pic since it seemed a divine revelation to be there again God wanted me to take it, on the other hand my even more evil me told me to take it and don-t give a sh×t about the rest, more people were doing pics, so at the end I took it.
After that we returned to San Piero and later go home.
That afternoon I slept a huge 3 hours siesta and later went for a drink

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Day 8: Porta Portese

Every Sunday there a market is held, it was OK but nothing special, if you go there watch out for your purses and wallets!!!!! After that I wanted to go to La Bocca della Verità so my wish was turned reality.
That afternoon we visit the Roman forum and the Colosseo where heat was incredible (as all these days in whole Europe) and The Palatino, if you like ancient Rome you must go there but to be sincere the Colosseo wasn-t a great thing, more dissapointing than any other place, however I realized is a “must go” if you-re in Rome

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Day 9
Just walk around P.zza Venecia and go to Via Veneto later, there-s church where chappels are made with real bones of dead monks, was curious to see but in the entrance, there was a cleryman shouting for money to see it, I didn-t care to give a bit, but if they want you to pay for it, don-t be hypocritical and put a prize instead of ungently almost forcing everyone to give what is supposed to be a voluntary donation, assh×le. That pissed me so much!!!! Some didn-t give anything and the priest in there asked them even louder so every person in Rome notice it...

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Day 10 Villa Borghese I: the park
In the morning we went to Sta. Maria la Maggiore, later nothing special, just walking around, the important thing in Rome is walk, you-ll find nice things anywhere in the center. Visit some church, the Pantheon and went to Villa Borghese, a hug park that belonged to a family once.

Day 11 Villa Borghese II: the Gallery
Right after the class we went to Borghese gallery, where there`s a little bar to eat something but where people was mainly mean an stupid...the gallery is not very big but all the rooms are plenty of paintings or statues, you must go there.
The afternoon I bought some presents for my family and friends, my problem is when I start thinking about people I have to buy presents I can-t think is someone I don-t have why to buy anything, this time my head was cold and my wallet almost empty, a perfect combination to thinkg twice what you buy and to who!!!

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Day 12 Final lessons
Last day of lessons, exchange e-mails and so on with the people.
That day was another school excursion that took us to Rione Colona, near the Italian Parliament. At the end the teacher told us that the best ice cream place in Rome was near there, so we went to confirm it

Day 13 More presents
I had an appointment with people from the school, we went to Via del Corso, took something and visit P.zza Navona, Fontana de Trevi and did some present shopping.
That afternoon we went to the EUR, a quarter far from the center where there-s a big park, a squared colosseo and walk around there.

Day 14 Air conditioning!!!!!
We were only allowed to stay in the house until that day so we pack and went to a hotel close to Termini station with air conditioning, I thanked that so much!!!! We visit San Pietro in Vincoli, where the famous Moses statue is, and go to bed early.

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Day 15 Back to Spain!!

This time the flights were really punctual so at 17.10 we were in El Prat, we took the train, my friend left in Sants station, we say goodbye and I continue until Arc the triunfo, close to Nord station, where I had to take the bus to here again. Here comes the tragedy, I wasn-t allowed to close the ticket by internet of phone, I had to do it personally once I was in Barcelona, so I went there waited 20 minutes and when it was my turn the man there told me there was only places in the bus leaving at 1 in the morning!!!!! (it was 19.15) He had to see my face to become white as he told me to ask the drivers if some traveller finally didn-t take it so he gave me the departure times of all buses to Zaragoza. I wait, and when I saw that the buses leaving at 20.00 were fulled I decieded to go back to Sants station to take a train....the problem was the subway, that has 96801386019 stairs and if you have a 22 kgs trolley with you that can be a problem, I was so tired pulling it and must have such a red face that a guy waited and asked me if I wanted he to help me with it, I thanked him a lot but reject the offer, I told him, “don-t you worry, if God has marked today as my day there`s nothing that can be done”, so he laughed, said goodbye and I continued my way to Sants. When I finally arrived there they told me the trains were all full, at that moment I wanted to die, I curse the bus company and Barcelona 968087 times the first for not letting me close it by phone and the second for having so few mechanical stairs and always in the other sense you need them. I went back once more to the subway, while seriously thinking about the possibility of joining into a gym and build some muscle (I really should but I-m sooooo lazzy) so be ready for that kind of situations next time. After 30 more minutes and 9087 19610 stairs I was back to Nord station, where the 21.30 bus to Madrid via Zaragoza was about to leave, I asked the driver about empty sites and told me to wait until it was the time, at the end there were 3 empty sites for 7 people, in that moment I thought that, coming from Rome, and after visiting the Colosseo, where galdiators used to fight, surviving to extreme heat in Rome and to mosquitoes, I-d kill for one of that seats, luckily later I realized that of all 7 I was the only traveling on my own, the others were all romantic couples so who-d break a in love couple for arriving early???no one, so couple A and me were the chosen to take the bus (I was soooo happy of being single at that moment!!!!!!!) I arrived at 1 in the morning and my medium brother was waiting (we-re 3, I-m the youngest and he-s the one born between me and my eldest brother, I don-t know if medium brother is the word used in English), he asked me to take a taxi or walk, at the end we went home walking while I told him how it went and so.

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was all, as soon as I can I-ll add some pics, I promise!!!!!
Rome is really beautiful and people is really nice if you-ve never been there, don-t hink twice and go so you can see it by yourself!!!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
thanks for shearing your holidays, that was really nice!!!!

did you do any tennis there??

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
vasco said:
thanks for shearing your holidays, that was really nice!!!!

did you do any tennis there??
Actually I had no time nor raquet!! :lol:

·
Registered
33,292 Posts
Great story Fer :)

:worship: for the first post in this thread. Yvonath is the first thread you give attention :worship:

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Megli said:
Great story Fer :)

:worship: for the first post in this thread. Yvonath is the first thread you give attention :worship:
:kiss: It couldn't be any other way ;)

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lucyfer said:
joer maño me alegro q te lo hayas pasao bien ;)
Thanks luci, nice to see you have human feelings from time to time :p

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Yo too me alegro por ti, aunque too siento mucha envidia sana :mad: :devil:

Pues eso, que me alegro pr ti ;)

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lolaito23 said:
Yo too me alegro por ti, aunque too siento mucha envidia sana :mad: :devil:

Pues eso, que me alegro pr ti ;)
well if you're possitively jelous is OK, Manu ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts