Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so it's been forever and we're all frustrated not knowing squat about Jen's comeback. According to a poster on another board, Jen's camp is talking to nobody (which includes Mary Joe). I wouldn't be shocked if only Jen's parents, Steven and a couple close friends know at this point.

A lot of people have posted that Jen is not hitting yet, in part because they haven't seen her hitting at Saddlebrook. I have this weird feeling that Jen won't train at Saddlebrook leading up to her comeback. There would be no way to avoid the tennis media. Someone would tell someone, who'd call the Sun Sentinel, or tennis magazine and then there'd be a bunch of reporters showing up to her practices. Just look at how much attention Martina Hingis got when she announced her comeback!

Jen has enough money to have her own private tennis court. Many of the top players have one. Hingis had a rebound ace court installed at her house. So wouldn’t it be really convenient for Jen to have a tennis court built either in her backyard or basement? It only costs a five figure amount to build one and with her dad as her coach, she doesn’t need to go to a fancy facility to train.

I could be wrong, but I still can’t picture Jen randomly coming out of her shell and appearing on a Saddlebrook practice court. There would be reporters lined up to ask her a ton of questions in an instant.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Remember how she is building a new home?! Well, maybe she has a court at that home. I just don't know if she is moved in or if it is finished being built. But that could be a possibility too.

I think she will be back for either the summer hardcourt season (mid-July or late July) or she will just wait until the beginning of next season. But with her applying and receiving the gold exempt (whatever it's called-#10 seed), it only makes sense for her to comeback this year before November.

I'm not ever going to give up! I will always hope for the best! :) :yeah:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
JennyS said:
Okay, so it's been forever and we're all frustrated not knowing squat about Jen's comeback. According to a poster on another board, Jen's camp is talking to nobody (which includes Mary Joe). I wouldn't be shocked if only Jen's parents, Steven and a couple close friends know at this point.

Hi! :wavey: What board is that?

I think Jen will try to be ready for the FO, but if not, will skip Wimbly and start of at The Bank of the West in CA.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I really wonder why all of the secrecy. Why not just issue a statement saying whatever the Capriati camp knows at this time?

As far as not training at Saddlebrook I don't think this will ever happen. Jenn is a creature of habit and has lived and trained at Saddlebrook for many years. When she is ready to resume training the majority of it will be at Saddlebrook.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My heart is with everyone that tries to find a way to hold onto hope, even when it means making things up.

I think that it is obvious that Jen is undergoing serious physical therapy and that the truth is even she doesnt know whether or when she will play again.

She must want to return...if she didnt she would just announce it and move onto another chapter in her life.

If she was physically able to compete, she would have already returned or would have announced when she would be returning.

I think that she doesnt know when she will return...and neither does anyone else.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Albert Hodges said:
My heart is with everyone that tries to find a way to hold onto hope, even when it means making things up.

I think that it is obvious that Jen is undergoing serious physical therapy and that the truth is even she doesnt know whether or when she will play again.

She must want to return...if she didnt she would just announce it and move onto another chapter in her life.

If she was physically able to compete, she would have already returned or would have announced when she would be returning.

I think that she doesnt know when she will return...and neither does anyone else.
I agree, but also I do think that Jen does not like any publicity, esp. around her injuries (she has always been VERY secretive about her injuries until after they are gone). We all know how she doesn't like having tons of expectations placed on her, and probably will announce her return by taking a last minute WC into a tournament days before it begins.....

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TeamUSA#1 said:
Hi! :wavey: What board is that?

I think Jen will try to be ready for the FO, but if not, will skip Wimbly and start of at The Bank of the West in CA.
it was the Jennifer Capriati Webboard.

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blue249 said:
I really wonder why all of the secrecy. Why not just issue a statement saying whatever the Capriati camp knows at this time?

As far as not training at Saddlebrook I don't think this will ever happen. Jenn is a creature of habit and has lived and trained at Saddlebrook for many years. When she is ready to resume training the majority of it will be at Saddlebrook.
I know she's so used to training there. But the second she steps on court, she won't have the privacy she's enjoyed for the last year and something months. It's a large facility with tons of pros, top trainers, coaches, etc who would see her out and about. It would be a matter of moments before Jen gets asked questions.

I'm not saying Jen's going to leave Saddlebrook. I just meant in the time leading up to her first tournament. I just can't imagine her from being completely out of the tennis world to all of a sudden, showing up at a facility where hundreds of people work.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
But wouldn't someone see her if she was at her house. I sure as heck would be looking if I lived by her. I don't know I really still feel like she is coming back and that day will be the best day ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts