Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is the link to my photos from Carson, taken on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Truth be told, it takes way too much time to resize, retouch and create the html to post them so you will find that many of them are large and will take time to load. Similarly, there are some photos that are rejects and should be deleted but again, just too much time :p But there are a variety of photos. Hopefully your favorite is in there, if not i'm sorry...hope you enjoy ayway ;)

http://jeppyboy.powweb.com/jpmorgan2006.html

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,960 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Hey Jeff - Just came across your post. Thanks for putting up the pics. You have a nice selection of players there. My favorite image is the one showing both Vesnina and Chakvetadze in the ready position. Also like the ones of Sampras, Safarova, and Sharapova. A couple of the links didn't work for me, specifically one of Mattek and one of Harkleroad. You're right, JPMorgan is a better place for photography than the Acura due to the fact that all the side courts and many of the practice courts are accessible to the public and are not surrounded by fences. What did you think of Vania King? I was impressed by her play in doubles. By the way, did you try taking any short movies with your camera?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shooter said:
Hey Jeff - Just came across your post. Thanks for putting up the pics. You have a nice selection of players there. My favorite image is the one showing both Vesnina and Chakvetadze in the ready position. Also like the ones of Sampras, Safarova, and Sharapova. A couple of the links didn't work for me, specifically one of Mattek and one of Harkleroad. You're right, JPMorgan is a better place for photography than the Acura due to the fact that all the side courts and many of the practice courts are accessible to the public and are not surrounded by fences. What did you think of Vania King? I was impressed by her play in doubles. By the way, did you try taking any short movies with your camera?
Hey Shooter,

Thanks for noticing the incorrect links. One of the pains is the fact that some images spit out capital IMG_.JPG and others spit out Img_.jpg, so it's really a pain to sort those out or rename them and of course the server recognizes .jpg differently than .JPG.

Vania, yes she is an aggressive little player. What days did you end up going? I think it was monday that I saw her play the doubles qualifying against Vesnina and Chakvetadze. Didn't get to see her play singles at the Acura or JPMorgan, unfortunately, but she is an aggressive player.

I did record some movies, yes. Actually the S2 takes some really good movie. I'm impressed with the quality and the sound. They are created as .mpeg files. I have contemplated uploading some of them, although they are quite large.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Jeff said:
Vania, yes she is an aggressive little player. What days did you end up going? I think it was monday that I saw her play the doubles qualifying against Vesnina and Chakvetadze.
I went to the qualies down in Seal Beach on Sat. Then I went to Carson on Monday and Wednesday afternoons and Saturday night. We had good seats for the Serena-Jankovic match - 6th row behind the court, right next to one of the TV cameras. Serena is in terrible shape. We could hear her breathing hard only 3 games into the match. Saw Vania play the doubles qualy final also, though I didn't watch a lot of that match. She impressed me.

I did record some movies, yes. Actually the S2 takes some really good movie. I'm impressed with the quality and the sound. They are created as .mpeg files. I have contemplated uploading some of them, although they are quite large.
Sound is an interesting dimension to add to a web site. Makes it come alive. Can you set the movie image size to 320 x 240 on the S2? That would make them a lot smaller, though they wouldn't be as impressive to watch. I do that with the Quicktimes my old camera takes. To keep the file sizes down, I set the image size to 320 x 240 and the frame rate to 15 fps instead of 30 fps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts