Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a very small town but tennis is getting quite popular here.
We do have tennis courts but no club. So a few people wanted to try to figure out if a club would be wishful and are organising a little tournament . It's only for players who are not ranked in the competition.
I have taken a few lessons in the past and I play every weekend tennis, so I called immediately to subscribe. Today I got my schedule : I play on Sunday my very first tournament. I dreamed of this for so long... There are only six women playing so we get in two groups and have to play two matches of one hour(strange, no sets, just games) The winners of both groups will play the final!! So I'm quite excited!! already!! I hope I will play not to nervous and I hope I wil stay calm and play my usual tennis even if some people will be watching!!

I'll let you know how I did!!

· Registered
8,445 Posts
bram_born84 said:
Weird that you don't have to play a match or a SET! :confused:

What if the hour is over at 6-6, tie-break: 3-3?

Anyways, good luck, Josefien! :)
I don't think they would have to play a tie-break when it's 6-6.

I think they just have to add all the games, so after 6-6 it would be for example 7-6, then 8-6 ...

This evening I have to play a competition at my club and it's also 1 hour.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
I would assume that they're playing an 8 game pro set with no-ad deuces, and if it goes to a tiebreaker, it's a 1-pointer. This is common in what's called "novice" tournaments.

Good luck, josefien, and stay loose for the tourney.

..Joe

· Registered
8,445 Posts
bram_born84 said:
And what if nobody loses their serve and the hour is over at -let's say- 9-8* 15-40?
I will explain in Dutch how it works at our club. Sorry for the other people who don't understand it.

Bij ons in de club is er een laddercompetitie. Er zijn bijvoorbeeld 50 ingeschrevenen. Je startplaats wordt bepaald door loting. Heb je geluk eindig je vanboven, heb je geen geluk eindig je vanonder. De bedoeling is bijvoorbeeld om na twee maanden op de eerste plaats te staan. Het is de bedoeling dat je iemand uitdaagt die boven je staat, maximum vijf plaatsen. Sta je bijvoorbeeld op plaats 20, dan kan je de mensen uitdagen die op 19, 18, 17, 16 en 15 staan. Als je bijv. wint tegen de persoon die op 15 staat dan verwissel je van plaats. Als je verliest dan blijf je staan en stijgt diegene die op 15 staat 1 plaats.

Dit alles was om uit te leggen dat bij ons er een uitdager is, en een uitgedaagde. Omdat je het plein maar voor één uur kan reserveren en er 's avonds altijd mensen achter jou komen kan je maar 1 uur over het plein beschikken. Er wordt dus 50 minuten (10 minuten voor opwarming en vegen) gespeeld. Als na die 50 minuten een game nog bezig is dan mag die uitgespeeld worden. Bij gelijkstand is het de uitdager die wint.

Maar 'k veronderstel dat in andere gevallen bij gelijkstand toch een beslissende game wordt gespeeld.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I promised to keep you up to date, so here I go... First of all, I found out that I was the only girl who had to play two matches in a row on sunday : from 9-10 and from 10-11!! The others played one on saturday and one on sunday! But I won bouth my matches so I played the final ... from 11-12...!!!! I overcame cramp in my second match (felt like henin lying there in the red sand) and I was worn out a little. I've lost the final 5-7 1-6 but man, I was so proud when they said my name to go get my prize for second best!!!! I've dreamed of this for so long, and I felt really nervous on saturday and didn't sleep really wel, but now I'm very, very happy!! It was really a very big experience!!

· Registered
11,975 Posts
Congrats!!

· Registered
15,727 Posts
good job
i feel so proud of you too :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.