Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got back from the local 25K tournament.

I only really watched one match, a qualifying doubles match...but it was very good. This one girl (blonde, tall, hot, looks like Dementieva) was so talented it wasn't even funny. Good serve, great groundstrokes, and can volley well.

She's also very :drool:

I swear I thought she was Elena D at first but then I saw her serve :tape: :p

I also ran into Jewel Peterson around 10 times, but I couldn't tell it was her untill I looked in the players guide. She's very very strong, and appears to be nice.

I watched the girl I was talking about play Pro-Am too, and she really has at least top 100 potential. Her return of serve is great, and she hits the ball hard. What most impressed me was her second serve, good kick and very very deep everytime.

I also saw this girl who had graduated from Princeton and she's really nice.

It was a pretty good experience, I only got two autographs (the girl I talked about, plus this Asian girl whom she beat in dubs) and from the autograph it looked like her initals were A P.

I'm hoping to go a few more times this week and hopefully take pictures...I want to tell Maureen Drake how well she played against Venus in 2002 Wimbledon. She played a great first set.

Anyway, thought I'd share!

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
did you get a copy of the draw or anything?

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone posted the draw in the challengers forum. They had a draw there, but I didnt get a copy of it.

Also looking at the autograph I think it is O P
she's probably ranked 200ish and is eastern European, I'm gonna pull out the WtA tour listing and see if I can figure it out :)

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
i dont see the draw in the challenger forum :confused:

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
mmcdonald said:
someone posted the draw in the challengers forum. They had a draw there, but I didnt get a copy of it.

Also looking at the autograph I think it is O P
she's probably ranked 200ish and is eastern European, I'm gonna pull out the WtA tour listing and see if I can figure it out :)
Olga Poutchkova?

She's the only O. P. I can think of.

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
yes im well aware of where to check for draws, but this particular one has been unavailable

and thats the commitment list in that thread, not the draw

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it was her, she is really nice, and really :hearts:

but most of all she is crazy talented. She was clearly the best player I saw today, and this girl from Princeton was a close #2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts