Tennis Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
Tyler explored the soul music deep to come with such mix. I feel a Isaac Hayes mood with this one. I always loved soul, but actually don't listen to soul enough to tell more.

It sounds so badly mixed. And I don't mean "lo-fi", just bad, out of sync and rhythm. Perhaps would have been more bearable if the lyrics weren't so inane. It's like a mockery of soul music.

He basically admits it's half-finished, but music critics still loved everything he put out last year unconditionally. :D

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #22
^ he sounds spontaneous, inspired and smart to me. I'm just impressed with the synthesis he makes, the influences he assimilates, he does that with amazing easiness.

The other guy who does impress me in a similar way is Kendrick Lamar. I have the impression their brain works faster than most humans. 馃ぁ

Some artists are like sponges, with a sense of improvement and transmission.

Registered
It's as if there aren't thousands of artists out there with complete works of music. Fine, what he does can be intriguing, but he's teetering on the margins, never really reaching anything "wholesome". At best, he is a glorified karaoke artist with a vocoder.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #24
Thousands of artists out there with complete wholesome works of music? Wow.

I won't ostracize, as for me. He could be unfairly glorified, I don't care. He's not the first nor the last to be so, for whatever reason.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts