Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a thread for anything released in 2020. Feel free to comment.

Here's a song from the artist Poppy, from her album released today.

·
Premium Member
38,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also released today, the second single of Tennis's forthcoming album.

You may ask: why in the non-Tennis forum? ?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
New single from Georgia. Her new album, Seeking Thrills, has been released today.

·
Registered
30,358 Posts
Selena Gomez released a new album today :)

So far only listened to the single:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Soccer Mommy's new single, released today - from the forthcoming album (late Feb).

Her previous single, "Yellow Is the Colour of Her Eyes" is one of my favorite songs of 2019. Her name is Sophie Allison.

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Oh, we already have 2020 Music Thread. Nice :)

·
Premium Member
38,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A new song from Ron Sexsmith's forthcoming album (to be released in April)

Ron Sexsmith's music is stuck in a pop past reminding of Elton John and John Lennon. His voice has been described as "mellifluous" and I agree. There's always that mellow thing that I like. The vocal harmonies, the result sounds a bit too thin. It's Ron's drummer (Jim Kerr) who produced the album to come. He has his own recording gear. Ron struggled to find the right production for his music all over his career. You have to understand what's his style and musical world to find the right production. Which I think, must be a work of love in details, a bit slick there, but sensitive. Ron's music is for dreamers. A music that makes feel good for people still wanting to hear about love, or lost things of love, with the sweet warmth of the eternal sun in the background. It's like keeping a garden in mind to stay happy.

I discovered Sexsmith with his record Whereabouts in 2000. I had read a bit about him, not more than that. I just thought his music could be interesting for me. I was a Beatles fan, a Kinks fan, that was my kind of pop. I was living in Dunkerque in the North of the North of France. There was a Virgin Megastore near my apartment where I used to go to hear new musics. That's where I ordered the CD (I didn't have internet back then). It was quite costly for 12 songs not lasting more than 4 mn each.

Worth it, though: I played those 12 songs again and again. Hundreds of times. I was totally addicted. Sexsmith was for me. I was a dreamer. His songs were my clouds, my landscapes, my windows. A few months later I moved to South France. The landscapes changed, but not the music. I purchased Other Songs and it was another addiction. I couldn't be tired of those dreamy, gloomy, soft, comforting, grumbling, purring melodies that seemed to wander from a childhood kingdom. I was walking in the cemetary of the city with the song "Pretty Little Cemetery" in mind.

Try cemetary walks, it's fun. That's where you find squirrels bouncing between the graves, or keeping an eye on you from high trees.

Many people around me didn't understand my strange addiction for Sexsmith's music. They found him boring, sleepy, sluggish. To me, he was poetry.

I went to see one his shows in Paris once. I think it was in 2006. It was very good, much more dynamic than what you would expect. He had an excellent guitarist for the tour as well (I forgot his name).

·
Premium Member
38,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tyler explored the soul music deep to come with such mix. I feel a Isaac Hayes mood with this one. I always loved soul, but actually don't listen to soul enough to tell more.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts