·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this the first time there has been a WTA event in San Jose?

Anybody know what the centre court capacity is?
4,000, according to the article:

The school announced a five-year, minimum $1.5 million deal with IMG that will see the company’s rental fees fund the construction of a custom stadium court that will allow a capacity of 4,000 fans. Renovations to locker rooms, a player’s lounge, and coaches’ offices are also part of the deal. The current Spartans Tennis Complex features six fully illuminated outdoor courts.

·
Art & Futures
20,620 Posts
I like Silicon Valley in the title :cheer:

I wonder if the current political climate and rising anti-corporatism by the youth in the US contributed to this decision

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
san jose state university is not really a good area. it's the ghetto area right in downtown san jose. standford was a much better location.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,469 Posts
I can easily see Bojana Jovanovic ending up totally lost in Costa Rica as the result of this decision.

And what will Bojana be asking all the native Costa Ricans when she can't find her way to the tournament?

The problem is the Costa Ricans will simply give her directions to their capital city.

For the record, these three photos below are from the Costa Rica Tennis Club located in San Jose, Costa Rica.

It actually looks quite nice. :eek:h: Maybe Bojana will end up thinking, screw the tournament after finding this place. :shrug:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts