Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno why I said that... I just want Andre to win RG again and really cement his number 1 spot... he deserves it... GO ANDRE!!!!...
ANDRE needs what ... 6 more GS to catch up with Pete right? Hopefully he can do all 4 this year.... I think he can..
Imagine that... all 4 slams in the one calendar year at his age... even the most fanatic Sampras fan (like myself) will have to admit defeat... after that there'll be no more arguments on who is greater...

·
Registered
19,426 Posts
Agassi will have to ask Juan Carlos Ferrero....
i predict the latter to win RG for at least 4 times!

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
I don't think that Andre will win RG, but I do think he'll be among the contendors. I don't guage this on his Houston title (that is, the title he's going to win tomorrow;)) since that might as well have been a challenger ;) I guage it on the fact that when Andre shows up motivated, it doesn't usually matter who he's playing... there are only a few guys in the world who can beat him like that.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
I have to agree, Andre´s worst surface is clay, but who are we to argue? He beat Costa 6-2 6-1 at Rome last year and who won ROland Garros at the end? :p

Roland Garros is so unpredictable. If he has a good draw, eg so he can get well rested for the second week i admit he can win. But yet again this is the worst slam for him, at least at his age and phisical and mental demands that clay needs.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Don't think so. You are dreaming. ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xin said:
Don't think so. You are dreaming. ;)
Yes I am ... a pleasant dream indeed... and an even more pleasant reality if my dream comes true..

It would be a miracle for him to beat guys like Moya, JC, Guga, Costa, Safin on clay in a slam... but if any1 can... ANDRE certainly has the game to do it...

Physically he is up there with the best...
Mentally he is second only to Hewitt in this regard...

I can't see why he can't win it....I dunno what the odds are but if I was a betting man and if I had a 1million... I would put 500K on Agassi... 200K on JCF...200K on Moya... and 100K on Guga...

I would say the odds at the start of the tournament would be sth like...

JCF 3-1
Moya 4-1
Costa 5-1
Guga 6-1
and Agassi probably 10-1

I am probably way off the mark with the above odds...

Anyway... Good luck to Baldy... Win it all old man... You can do it...

Australian... RG.... Wimbly and US.... 4 big ones in the 1 year ... create another piece of magical history...

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
petosp said:
I have to agree, Andre´s worst surface is clay, but who are we to argue? He beat Costa 6-2 6-1 at Rome last year and who won ROland Garros at the end? :p

Roland Garros is so unpredictable. If he has a good draw, eg so he can get well rested for the second week i admit he can win. But yet again this is the worst slam for him, at least at his age and phisical and mental demands that clay needs.
....:rolleyes:Ferrero beat Agassi in Master Cup Championships and that doesn't make him to be favourite for US or AUS open

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
He has a shot. The last two years, he's been stopped in the quarters by worthy opponents. Andre would have to get hot, but he's definitely in with a chance.

People make a big deal about clay being his worst surface. Remember when he won Rome last year? Remember when he won the French in 1999? Name one other player who is that good on his "worst" surface.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Zhao said:
Agassi will have to ask Juan Carlos Ferrero....
i predict the latter to win RG for at least 4 times!
Are you a Chinese? Just curious

·
Registered
349 Posts
King Lindsay said:
He has a shot. The last two years, he's been stopped in the quarters by worthy opponents. Andre would have to get hot, but he's definitely in with a chance.

People make a big deal about clay being his worst surface. Remember when he won Rome last year? Remember when he won the French in 1999? Name one other player who is that good on his "worst" surface.
It's not his worst. He doesn't have worst surface.
My bet:
Ferrero, Moya, surprise winner? Maybe
Federer, Guga
Hewitt, Agassi

·
Registered
462 Posts
Imagine that... all 4 slams in the one calendar year at his age... even the most fanatic Sampras fan (like myself) will have to admit defeat... after that there'll be no more arguments on who is greater...
I'm confused. How can you be a fanatical Sampras fan, yet wish for Andre to have a superior record, and considered the better player? Are you trying to jinx Andre. That's lame.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,020 Posts
Winning seven best-of-five matches on clay at age of 33? Would not bet even 1 to 10. Extremely unlikely.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,020 Posts
Rebecca said:
Unlikely, but not impossible ;)
Nothing is impossible. In theory, every of his opponents can withdraw so he can win it without hitting a ball. In reality - plain impossible. It's not Austrialian Open where no one is ready. That's a tournament where at least 40 guys can challenge him and would have an advantage of being younger. No way..

·
Registered
462 Posts
At least we know he has more talent than your Safin, and Zheny, and Youzhny put together.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts