1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Azarenka's is the most blatantly classless -- as much as Badosa and Naomi have annoyed me this year.

·
Registered
Ball Bash City Samsonova Rybakina Yastremska
7,349 Posts
It was a close call between Vika's rage quit and Osaka's I don't care and don't want to try anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: MichaelB and *Jool*

·
Art & Futures
28,696 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Both Vika & AA’s flounce offs were weapons-grade, triple-distilled toddler tantrums unworthy of a five year-old, but Vika was clearly not in a good place in that moment, whereas AA is just a brat so she wins.

Nooms hates her job but still makes bank, so why not half-ass it?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Voted for Badosa. Her attitude irritates me more than Osaka/Azarenka and idk why. It's one thing to be a multi GS winner & act bratty but it's another thing to be a terrible top 10 player & act bratty.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Vika, I hate the rage quit but she refrained from doing that against Emma and I'm going to give her brownie points for playing a solid effort in round 1 against Drova (long 3 setter). And she did complete over 10 games before the rage.

OTOH Osaka only played 10 points in round 1 vs Saville and pulled out next round citing some illness.

Still a hard one, I voted Vika on the basis that Osaka did she say she was ill and you can't expect players to play if they are unwell. But this is turning into a bit of the boy who cried wolf.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
More Gasanova
The audio quality on those video's are so lifeless, noticed this is often the result of doing screen recordings. Sounds like the 3kHz bandwidth of old analogue phones. Surely a low quality 96k MP3 sounds far better than this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Azarenka swears a lot in this one too, although understandable - that fat cat caricature was completely clueless. But yeah, OP's clip was egregious once I realized she didn't shake Linda's hand. She's a 16 year old (at the time) who's just trying her best, don't act like your bad day is her fault Victoria.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Azarenka with one devastating action simply crushed the entire field this year. No contest for me.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts