Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most amount of points a player has won consecutively?

Angela Haynes won the first 21 points of her match against Carly Gullickson not too long ago.
Anyone have any others? :)

·
Registered
23,442 Posts
I believe Kuznetsova won the last 18 points of her match against Myskina at Rome this year. She was down 1-4 in the second set and the last four games were all love games. I believe she won the last two points of the 6th game as well.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Yarloslava Shvedova was up 5-0 40-0 in the first set against Amy Frazier in Memphis 2006 before she lost a point, so that's 23 points in a row :eek: . Shockingly, Frazier won the match 1-6 6-0 6-0 (I'm not kidding).

Here is the article I found:

Frazier in Turn-Around Wednesday at WTA Memphis

All five seeds in action advanced unscathed into the quarterfinals Wednesday at the WTA stop in Memphis in (3) Sofia Arvidsson (d. Raymond), (4) Laura Granville (d. Perebiynis), (6) Marta Domachowska (d. Sucha), (7) Amy Frazier (d. Shvedova, bageling the last two sets), and (8) Jill Craybas (d. (Q) Yuan).

In her victory the American Frazier didn't win a point until down 0-5, 0-40 in the first set.

"I've lost sets 6-0 before, but I was definitely on the verge of not getting a point," said Frazier, who will next face Shenay Perry. "She was playing unbelievable. I couldn't get into a point. She had six or seven aces and hit six or seven winners off my serve. If I got the ball back to her, she hit a winner. Once I was able to get into the points, I was able to get going."

Link: http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2006-02-23/d.php

·
Premium Member
170,632 Posts
Yarloslava Shvedova was up 5-0 40-0 in the first set against Amy Frazier in Memphis 2006 before she lost a point, so that's 23 points in a row :eek: . Shockingly, Frazier won the match 1-6 6-0 6-0 (I'm not kidding).

All five seeds in action advanced unscathed into the quarterfinals Wednesday at the WTA stop in Memphis in (3) Sofia Arvidsson (d. Raymond), (4) Laura Granville (d. Perebiynis), (6) Marta Domachowska (d. Sucha), (7) Amy Frazier (d. Shvedova, bageling the last two sets), and (8) Jill Craybas (d. (Q) Yuan).

In her victory the American Frazier didn't win a point until down 0-5, 0-40 in the first set.

"I've lost sets 6-0 before, but I was definitely on the verge of not getting a point," said Frazier, who will next face Shenay Perry. "She was playing unbelievable. I couldn't get into a point. She had six or seven aces and hit six or seven winners off my serve. If I got the ball back to her, she hit a winner. Once I was able to get into the points, I was able to get going."

Aaahh...i remember it well :lol: :worship: Thanks for posting :bounce:

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,300 Posts

:eek: Amazing Amy :worship:
I hope she comes back soon :awww:

·
Registered
10,837 Posts

Link: [URL="http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2006-02-23/d.php"]http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2006-02-23/d.php[/URL]
That could be a record in a single set considering a Golden Set has yet to be recorded among the women in the Open Era. (Pauline Betz was the last known player on record to win a Golden Set)

·
Registered
9,074 Posts

Amazing, I didn't realize someone had been that close to a golden set!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
What is the most amount of points a player has won consecutively?

Angela Haynes won the first 21 points of her match against Carly Gullickson not too long ago.
Anyone have any others? :)

In Amelia Island in 82, Chris Evert won more than 20 points in a row against Andrea Jaeger (I do not remember exactly whether it was 21 or 25)

·
Registered
25,461 Posts
Majo Argeri :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't know the exact details but I believe Steffi Graf almost won a golden set as well against Zina Garrison Jackson one time. 5-0 before losing a point, so that was at least 20 straight points.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Serena won 14 point sin a row against Kim at Miami, not a huge amount but against Kim, pretty noteable. I remember Mauresmo playing someone, can't remember who, but she was 5-6 down and she won the game to love, 4 pts, then the tiebreak to love = 7 + 4 (lol) = 11 points, then she won the first 4 games to love in the third = 16 + 11 = 27 points, i was quite impressed, i remember watching it in the dark of night on Eurosport 2, i only stayed up because when i checked the score she lost the first set 6-3 and was down 2-5, anyone help with the match?

·
Premium Member
66,166 Posts
Serena won 14 point sin a row against Kim at Miami, not a huge amount but against Kim, pretty noteable. I remember Mauresmo playing someone, can't remember who, but she was 5-6 down and she won the game to love, 4 pts, then the tiebreak to love = 7 + 4 (lol) = 11 points, then she won the first 4 games to love in the third = 16 + 11 = 27 points, i was quite impressed, i remember watching it in the dark of night on Eurosport 2, i only stayed up because when i checked the score she lost the first set 6-3 and was down 2-5, anyone help with the match?
I checked Momos results in the last 2-3 years, and couldnt find anything simmilar .. Furhtermore, I couldnt find any tiebreak she won to 0 :confused: in which year was this/

1 - 20 of 33 Posts