Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think mauresmo, i mean she's had so much praise yet she hasn't even been close to winning a grand slam, her chances are getting lower and lower every year. In my opinion, she will never win one.
Clijsters is also overated, can't win a grand slam, but i think she might win one in the future.
Williams sisters are overated but at least they can win!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Serena

·
Registered
997 Posts
Serena cant volley for her life

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
well it depends what source u get your info from. by some people, the williams sisters are dominating-- horribly overrated there imo.
mauresmo-- underrated if anything :confused: some people don't even talk about her chances when draws come out :eek:
maria is overrated if people think she's going to win a gaggle of slams right away.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
faboozadoo15 said:
well it depends what source u get your info from. by some people, the williams sisters are dominating-- horribly overrated there imo.
mauresmo-- underrated if anything :confused: some people don't even talk about her chances when draws come out :eek:
maria is overrated if people think she's going to win a gaggle of slams right away.
Thats cos mauresmo can't win grand slams, she crumbles under the pressure. Maria is a BIT underated if anything.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
555 Posts
DeDe1961 said:
I think mauresmo, i mean she's had so much praise yet she hasn't even been close to winning a grand slam, her chances are getting lower and lower every year. In my opinion, she will never win one.
Clijsters is also overated, can't win a grand slam, but i think she might win one in the future.
Williams sisters are overated but at least they can win!
I don't think Mauresmo has much praises. In fact, i think she's faced heaps of criticisms and doubts about her mental strength. And who said that she isn't close to winning a grand slam? Being a finalist at the Oz open in 99 isn't a tad close to winning a GS? Or perhaps, the recent semi-final appearance too isn't close to winning a GS? And how do you know that she'll neva win one? Guess I'd like to have your autograph too! Coz, you'll prolly be the next David Blaine or maybe, Nostradamus? Predicting futures....Momo fans and i still hope against all hope that she'll win a GS soon. Which is, pretty much soon. Seen the way she's been playing lately? Well, if it ain't for that back strain against Rena in the Wimby Semi-finals, I doubt even Maria could've faced her. B-u-t-ful backhand..That's what it is...

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ioudaious said:
I don't think Mauresmo has much praises. In fact, i think she's faced heaps of criticisms and doubts about her mental strength. And who said that she isn't close to winning a grand slam? Being a finalist at the Oz open in 99 isn't a tad close to winning a GS? Or perhaps, the recent semi-final appearance too isn't close to winning a GS? And how do you know that she'll neva win one? Guess I'd like to have your autograph too! Coz, you'll prolly be the next David Blaine or maybe, Nostradamus? Predicting futures....Momo fans and i still hope against all hope that she'll win a GS soon. Which is, pretty much soon. Seen the way she's been playing lately? Well, if it ain't for that back strain against Rena in the Wimby Semi-finals, I doubt even Maria could've faced her. B-u-t-ful backhand..That's what it is...

I said in MY OPINION I don't THINK mauresmo will win a grand slam. i didn't say that i KNOW she's not. Mauresmo, even in the first set only beat serena 7-6 when she was fully fit, Maria beat serena 6-1 6-4, so i think that Maria would have beaten mauresmo pretty comfortably (and considering mauresmo's mental strength).

·
Banned
959 Posts
Gnaag said:
How about Harkleroad?
She is not overrated, everyone has realized she is not the next big American hope.

Tatiana Golovin, I think she is talented, but she is just wayyy to lucky. And I dont think the media coverage about her looks will help her. Her "fame" right now has really nothing to do with her tennis ability. She does have the talents, but I dont think she is there yet.

·
Registered
52,355 Posts
Momo is so underrated!! I think she can win a slam!! This Wimbledon, she could have but, alas, she was hampered by an injury when she lost to Serena. I think she would have taken care of Sharapova IMO in the final. She has the kind of game that drives players that are all about power crazy.

I still believe in you Momo !!! Allez!!

I hope Kim Clijsters wins a slam soon too ;) She just needs to get it together when she plays Juju!!

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
ALG should be Top 50 by now, given the hype she got as the next (Huber, not Graf! :p) ova the past couple of years.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
DeDe1961 said:
I said in MY OPINION I don't THINK mauresmo will win a grand slam. i didn't say that i KNOW she's not. Mauresmo, even in the first set only beat serena 7-6 when she was fully fit, Maria beat serena 6-1 6-4, so i think that Maria would have beaten mauresmo pretty comfortably (and considering mauresmo's mental strength).

What a pile of shite. Do U actually watch tennis? Every player is different and it depends on the style of tennis they play. You have got completely wrong, Maria would have had alot trouble against Amelie cause she mixes it up so much. It took Maria 3 sets to beat Ai but only 2 to be beat Serena so in ur philosphy Ai is a far better player than Serena.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I don't know how people can call Mauresmo overrated, if they had any clue they would not even think about it.

At the moment its Maria S, but in a couple of months time it could be someone else, who knows.

I have always found Capriati overrated btw.

Reactions: xin_hui

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I'm sure if u asked any of the top players they would not say Mauresmo is overated because they have respect for her unklike some trolles.

·
Registered
47,518 Posts
Serena overrated?! How can 6 majors be overrated?! :shrug:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts