Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several players that seems so overated, because they had a bad 2006, but didn't lose ranking points yet. My black list include: Williams Sisters, Nat Dechy, Jelena Jankovic, Anna Chakvetadze, Sania Mirza, Gisela Dulko. In a few weeks their ranking will be sinking.

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
Williams sisters and Anna Chakvetadze :help:

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
a week ago, i'd have said ai sugiyama.

now it's jelena dokic. i'll never forget her.

·
Registered
39,557 Posts
You should include Sandra Kloesel, although she quite isn't the same league as those players above, too. :(

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
In all honestly, Justine. This girl had a slam in the bag and, once again, her body got in the way.

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
Michael Pemulis said:
Forgot about Vera Zvonareva
true, Vera is very very disappointing this season :eek:

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
Michael Pemulis said:
What's wrong with Anna Chackvetadze ? Injured or got a technical default ?
it seems like she can't find her game this season :sad: (hope no injury :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Of course the Williams sisters they ar capable of so much but are just not there, also Ana I was expected to do big things but not yet.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TennisFan1984 said:
In all honestly, Justine. This girl had a slam in the bag and, once again, her body got in the way.
Justine has 14-1 record in 2006, reaching the finals in each of her appearences and claiming the titles in Sydney and Dubai. How can you say Justin is disappointing ???

·
Registered
14,803 Posts
Michael Pemulis said:
There are several players that seems so overated, because they had a bad 2006, but didn't lose ranking points yet. My black list include: Williams Sisters, Nat Dechy, Jelena Jankovic, Anna Chakvetadze, Sania Mirza, Gisela Dulko. In a few weeks their ranking will be sinking.
Don't rush to conclusions.

ALG would be on this list just a week ago.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Gisela Dulko and Vera Zvonareva :wavey:

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
confused. You say in the original post that these are players that have had a bad 2006 but not "lost nay ranking points yet". You do know what Serena's ranking is now dont you :lol:

Yeh, its a shame that Venus and Serena have been injured since the Aus, and didnt excatly do great there either.

hopefully they can turn things around!

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
zheng jie hasn't won a match this year yet. :help:
yan zi only won one match in aust open against dechy. :help:
guess winning the doubles title was a jinx. :tape:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
TonyP said:
Tom Tennis:

Where and how were Venus and Serena injured? They both seemed healthy in Australia.
Exactly what I'd like to know. They can't both have got injured simultaneously immediately after the aussie open (unless they collided on the practice court and cracked each others heads open or something...). There's some other reason for their absence, possibly they have both realised they need to work hard to get back to their best and are doing so and will surprise everyone when they come back. Or, perhaps they've lost interest...

Whatever, the number of tournaments they've played recently is now beyond a joke.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts