Re: Most disappointing career

nicole vaidisova (so far)
marat safin,gael monfils,donald young

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'd also like to add Daniela Bedanova, Alexandra Stevenson and Iroda Tulyaganova. But they reached the Top 20 - which is anything else than a big disappointment!

Karolina Sprem, Maria Kirilenko, Sesil Karantancheva or Barbora Strycova are still active. So they still have a chance to make something out of their potential!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts

Kim Clijsters, Lindsay Davenport, Monica Seles and Elena Dementieva.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts

Mia Buric??

I didn't know she was promising
She plays local tournament in my area getting her ass kicked by some club players

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

At least Steffi Graf said she was promising and played with her doubles one time.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts

I know all these players except Aleksandra Olsza

·
Registered
29,563 Posts

My 4 faves :lol:
Maria Sharapova: Not so much disappointing, but could be more at this stage. Injury free I honestly feel she would have dominated tour and had more than 3 slams by now.

AChak: A lot of potential, too many mental issues, hopefully can overcome them.

Tamira Paszek: At 16/17 showed a lot of potential pushing many top players. Now seems to be a total burn out. Fingers crossed she is only 18, but should at this stage be up there with the likes of Wozniacki. And definetly be ranked above Pavlyuchenkova and Cornet (shows state of WTA).

Nicole Vaidisova: Where to start? Dubbed Sharapova 2.0, but some huge chokes on possible breakthroughs and awful year and a half. Still young and trying to rectify her mistakes by working with Kodat again.

I have faith :hearts:

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

@frenchie - my old friend!

You really do?

So you are either a former player or a freak like me! :-D

Olsza is a former Wimbledon junior champion - 1995 as far as I remember!
(No, I am honost: I just looked it up) ;-)

·
Registered
9,074 Posts

nicole vaidisova (so far)
marat safin,gael monfils,donald young
Monfils is very young and already in the top 10....he has barely began his career....tell me why it is disappointing?

But my vote so does go to Vaidisova

·
Registered
25,370 Posts

My 4 faves :lol:
Maria Sharapova: Not so much disappointing, but could be more at this stage. Injury free I honestly feel she would have dominated tour and had more than 3 slams by now.

AChak: A lot of potential, too many mental issues, hopefully can overcome them.

Tamira Paszek: At 16/17 showed a lot of potential pushing many top players. Now seems to be a total burn out. Fingers crossed she is only 18, but should at this stage be up there with the likes of Wozniacki. And definetly be ranked above Pavlyuchenkova and Cornet (shows state of WTA).

Nicole Vaidisova: Where to start? Dubbed Sharapova 2.0, but some huge chokes on possible breakthroughs and awful year and a half. Still young and trying to rectify her mistakes by working with Kodat again.

I have faith :hearts:
:hug:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Mirjana Miki Lucic definitely.
At age of 14, as unranked player, she won a WTA tour level tournament... It looked more than very promising..

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lucic was more than promising. In the mid nineties she was almost as promising as Hingis, the Williams-Sisters and Kournikova. She won the juniors titles at the US-Open 96 followed by the Australian-Open 97. A little later she turned pro and won her first ever WTA-tour-tournamant in Bol as a qualifier. Then she finished her second tournament in Straßburg as a runner-up, only losing to Steffi Graf 2:6 5:7. Her third tournament was her Grand-Slam-Debüt at the US-Open where she reached the third round.
At the Australian-Open 1998 she won the doubles title with Hingis still as a 15-year-old! She successfully defended her title in Bol but the season was not as good as expceted. From then on her personal trouble affected her game, she gained weight and her career went south until her sensationell semi-final-run at Wimbledon 1999 where she almost beat Steffi Graf! But that was the only highlight after 1996! :-(

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
From that list, I'm going to say Angela Haynes. I just think she has far too much game to be playing ITF's. But the tragedy with her brother has really thrown her off :sad:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts