Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

Registered
Some of the vulnerable Aussies that seemingly have a chance, I assume these will all be televised:

Tomljanovic-Badosa
Sanders-Sabalenka
Hon-Vondrousova
Stosur-Anderson (retirement from singles?)

Stephens-Raducanu looks like the pick of the rest.

Banned
Will never root for Rogers again, she's a draw spoiler to the nth degree. She literally made Raducanu. If she ever takes out someone seeded higher, it's set in stone that she'll lose the next round.
Ummm,,,its mainly BARTY'S fault!! just one game away but just could'nt close it.!,,she made raducanu happen..!,,,4th rd would have been an ideal exit for raducanu

Registered
R1 matches that I wanna watch (ranked based on what match I wanna see the most)

1. Raducanu V Stephens
2. Sabalenka V Sanders
3. Mertens V Zvonareva
4. Kerber V Kanepi
5. Fernandez V Inglis
6. Osaka V Osorio Serrano
7. Kenin V Keys
8. Anderson V Stosur

Registered
I'm interested in seeing what Sloane look like after not playing since the fall and getting married and I'm also curious to see if Emma is going to show up with any sort of game or will she continue to look like the ITF player she has looked like since winning the USO.
She鈥檒l win

She needs to pay for the wedding somehow 馃榿

Registered
For me personally Hon vs Vondrousova just because I absolutely don鈥檛 know what to expect.

Reactions: Halepian

Registered
I'd add now Zheng Qinwen v Sasnovich//Volynets v Haddad Maia//Baptiste v Garcia. I think Sasnovich is a bad draw for a seed but a good draw for a qualifier and I'll take Qinwen for the upset there. Love the matchup of the little speedy bug Volynets against Big Bea, and Baptiste is just straight fun to watch.

Registered
Another first found matchup that not enough people are talking about is Osaka vs Serrano. I don't think people understand how much danger Serrano present to Osaka. I was one of the few people that picked LAF against Osaka at the USO last year. And while I'm not going to make a pick here I could easily see Serrano beating Osaka.

This is a very, very bad matchup for Osaka. Serrano is a young, fast rising player with a ton of talent, confident and hunger. Not exactly who you would want for your 1st round match in a major.

Serrano also play the exact type of game that trouble Osaka. And nobody fight harder point to point than Serrano. Even though I have all the confident in the world for LAF to beat everybody I would be pissed if this was her first round opponent.

Osaka must have pissed somebody off as they threw just about the hardest draw they could at her.
I don't think so. Osorio could definitely upset Osaka on clay and maybe also on grass....but on hard courts, and just getting over Covid, I think she will be despatched in two quick sets. She did not play well on hard courts last year apart from the last event in Tenerife, so it remains to be seen what impact she will have on that surface this year.

Registered
Definitely Emma v Sloane. The popcorn match of R1, battle of the US Open champs.

I do think Badosa-Tomljanovic is an intriguing R1 as well. Could be a tough one for Paula but she should prevail if she brings her Sydney form - particularly that SF beat down she gave Kasatkina. Plus, Badosa is strong mentally and we all know the trials and tribulations Tomljanovic has mentally.

Registered
Badosa and Kenin are the biggest and when the Djokovic saga is over it should be normal
If he plays after all this it will be a circus. But if they send him home, it should be fairly normal

Reactions: Halepian

Premium Member
I think it will be very interesting to see how Sabalenka shows up? and if she is the double faulting overly emotional mess she has been the last few matches will Storm be able to take advantage?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts