Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 972 Posts

·
Registered
14,471 Posts
Oh yes I agree Skoo. Very promising game, beautiful backhand, cute and long legged. What's not to like? I like Lucie but I was impressed. She does need to get a bit faster and improve her accuracy on groundies so that she can open the court a bit more. Her serve could become a big weapon if she improves it a bit.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Oh yes I agree Skoo. Very promising game, beautiful backhand, cute and long legged. What's not to like? I like Lucie but I was impressed. She does need to get a bit faster and improve her accuracy on groundies so that she can open the court a bit more. Her serve could become a big weapon if she improves it a bit.
Yup, yup, perhaps a little bit more pace, too, here and there. But it's already enough to do damage, I guess. I like Lucie, too, but I wouldn't have mind an upset :) Oh, and people might pick on her rather scary "come on" :lol: Of course, that's irrelevant.

·
Registered
14,471 Posts
Yup, yup, perhaps a little bit more pace, too, here and there. But it's already enough to do damage, I guess. I like Lucie, too, but I wouldn't have mind an upset :) Oh, and people might pick on her rather scary "come on" :lol: Of course, that's irrelevant.
I think so too, it's enough pace but more would be nice, especially on the fh. It didn't feel like her fh was bigger than the bh at all, and it should be really, even though she clearly can generate quite a lot of pace on the bh side.

It felt like it was too easy for Lucie to beat her with a fh dtl. She needs to get faster to cover that kind of thing. And her sliced defensive bhs were in general landing a bit too short.

Her come on is a bit like Kvitty's "pojd!". I presume she's saying a Russian word but you never know, it might just be a sound she likes to make.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I think so too, it's enough pace but more would be nice, especially on the fh. It didn't feel like her fh was bigger than the bh at all, and it should be really, even though she clearly can generate quite a lot of pace on the bh side.

It felt like it was too easy for Lucie to beat her with a fh dtl. She needs to get faster to cover that kind of thing. And her sliced defensive bhs were in general landing a bit too short.
I think I saw one or two faster inside-out FHs, but you're probably right. At first, I thought she can hit only that defensive slice on the BH, but then she started hitting those beauties :hearts: I'm probably exaggerating, but it could be the most beautiful BH there is.

Her come on is a bit like Kvitty's "pojd!". I presume she's saying a Russian word but you never know, it might just be a sound she likes to make.
Very much like Kvitty's, I'd say, and that's why I thought they'll pick on it. It sounded pretty much like come on to me, but then again, I don't know too many Russian words. We'll know someday ;)

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wow :eek: Some people rather than just me and the odd poster in a lower tier Russian thread! I like it! :yeah:

Margarita ranked #227 took a set off of Lucie, and lost in three, 36 64 26. If she plays more tournaments out of Russia next year, it will be interesting to see how quickly she climbs!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Love a one handed backhand so I'll be following her from now on. Very good first serve too.

The only other young player I've seen with a one-handed bh is Naomi Broady, and Margarita has far more promise!

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Loving Her game can't wait too she her climb up the ranking and into the top 100 & is she coached by Vera old coach

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
50KH Nantes qualies.

Margarita is the #7 seed.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Margarita Gasparyan def Margalita CHAKHNASHVILI 6-4 6-2

·
Registered
14,471 Posts
Good luck in the next round of Minsk. I didn't realise there was a stream either... How do you know there was one Skoo? I can't see one on livescorehunter.

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
21 - 40 of 972 Posts