Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great win Kaja :inlove: That last point :worship: A lot of mistakes, but also some breathtaking play. :cheer:

Onwards!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Match was pretty poor quality, I think Kudermetova/Pavs are playing better than this current form. It could have become a real messy 3rd setter but I think Alexandrova was carrying some kind of back injury today.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Another straight set victory for Kaja but gotta say this was much tougher than what scoreline shows. She had to struggle in lot of service games today. Somehow managed to hold from 0-40, 0-30 in last 2 service games of first set....and then again struggled on serve in 2nd set once after Alexandrova had her MTO. MP was a great one. Kaja's ROS definitely looks lot more consistent during last 1 month than USO where I was disappointed with her ROS. She is upto 26th in live rankings now, will be 22nd if she reaches final and 21 if she wins the title here & that should be good enough to qualify for Zhuhai.

Alexandrova has plenty of power...she would be better if she can play with bit more margins in her game.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Another straight set victory for Kaja but gotta say this was much tougher than what scoreline shows. She had to struggle in lot of service games today. Somehow managed to hold from 0-40, 0-30 in last 2 service games of first set....and then again struggled on serve in 2nd set once after Alexandrova had her MTO. MP was a great one. Kaja's ROS definitely looks lot more consistent during last 1 month than USO where I was disappointed with her ROS. She is upto 26th in live rankings now, will be 22nd if she reaches final and 21 if she wins the title here & that should be good enough to qualify for Zhuhai.

Alexandrova has plenty of power...she would be better if she can play with bit more margins in her game.
Today's victory secured the first substitute for ET. Which equals almost certain participation, because surely someone will log out ...:smile2:

·
Registered
43,531 Posts
Katya :hug: Outstanding year for her though! I am glad she can end the year this way and not with that disastrous loss last week! :)

Congrats Karolina! Incredible year from her as well. Started outside the Top140 and is safely into the Top30 without playing a single ITF!

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
no mention of Alexandrova's mto for back problem...

·
Registered
50,573 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts