Tennis Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
Congratulations Kasatkina and what a place to win her first big title.

Didn't think she played particularly well though, which is understandable given the nerves she must have been feeling. Too many short balls, weak serve, not taking enough initiative. If Jabeur had have been mentally a bit tougher and got the job done when she had the chance, Kasatkina would have looked powerless to change the result. She can win a lot of matches like this, but I hope she continues to improve because she's so talented.

Everyone can probably agree Jabeur needs to improve her stamina, but to reach a final playing so well and cramp right at the end of a 3-setter is also a bit of bad luck. Her fitness isn't horrible, but there's still room for improvement.

·
Premium Member
38,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Kasatkina deserved to win. Fitness is a part of tennis and Jabeur does not have it.
So true, lovemartinas
So wrong. Jabeur has proven in this event the improvements she has shown in this department. That's why she reached the final. She was moving much better than usual and reaching the ball fast to hit her strokes. The fitness was there.

If both of you had watched her matches (including this final) you would know.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
So wrong. Jabeur has proven in this event the improvements she has shown in this department. That's why she reached the final. She was moving much better than usual and reaching the ball fast to hit her strokes. The fitness was there.

If both of you had watched her matches (including this final) you would know.
I think they're more about endurance. You cannot deny she was cramping at the end. She was moving great though all tournament, so I get your side of it too.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,070 Posts
I saw the replay of this match. To be honest i thought the coaching was WAY WAY too much here. Kasatkina's coach screaming from the stands pretty much the entire match. Jabeur even told the umpire, but he did nothing with it. I'm sorry, it's just too much. Since it's moscow though(Kasatkina's home tournament), it's obviously allowed. :rolleyes:

After seeing that, if every match in the future is gonna turn out like that, i really hope they don't change the coachingrule.

Credit to Kasatkina for slugging this out, against an obviously very nervous Jabeur, who lost the plot. She wanted this title very badly, now she got it. :bounce: Really happy for her!

Great week from Ons! She came out of nowhere the last weeks, but this match was just physically too much at the end.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
She better bonus her coach after his performance yesterday.

Definitely earned his money.

Reactions: Matmagix

·
Registered
85,252 Posts
61 - 73 of 73 Posts