Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
85,252 Posts

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
Aww. The result is a bit of a shame because Ons really was the best player of the tournament and had this match in her hands before a few messy decisions and that physical incident.

Dasha needed a LOT of help (errors, injuries, on court coaching), it's not the kind of win you feel 'belongs' to her. But she's such a lovely girl and this clearly means a lot to win at home.

I hope Ons wins a title next year!

·
Premium Member
38,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
If at 21 years old Dasha's main problems are some lack of confidence and physical condition, that's nothing. She has the full gear to become a complete and consistent top player in the years to come by improving on those two weak spots. Welcome to the top 10 for now! :cheer:

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
Nice job, Dasha! And nice theatrics from Ons. :lol:

·
Registered
85,252 Posts

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
Nice sounds bites again from Philippe Dehaes this week. Sometimes Dasha tries to work things out for herself, so she hardly calls him, but when he does, he has some good motivational advice which just helps her across the line.

My question still remain: Why was Ons coach suspended? The commentator said so and I didn't watch the whole match.

·
Registered
85,252 Posts
Nice sounds bites again from Philippe Dehaes this week. Sometimes Dasha tries to work things out for herself, so she hardly calls him, but when he does, he has some good motivational advice which just helps her across the line.

My question still remain: Why was Ons coach suspended? The commentator said so and I didn't watch the whole match.
He was involved in that Peng doubles drama...

Reactions: EkVraNaamEnVan

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Dasha :yeah: :woohoo: :drool: Well done :rocker: :D
You could see what it means to her :hug:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Not watched the match (but mostly wanting for Jabeur to win), but this win, Kasatkina finally breaks into the Top 10, especially after some middling results, and knocking out Sabalenka too in the process in terms of WTA Finals alternate.

·
Registered
113,486 Posts
Kasatkina was 6 in the race after Wimbledon. She heard a lot of compliments after her Centre Court match with Kerber in the QF.
I thought her serve was shit that match, but people went nuts over her physical skills, running down balls and slicing, changing spins, volleying
After that she was garbage until this week
She still has to put the whole package together and she has plenty of time

Her serve needs a lot of work. Overall she can be a Wozniacki, halep type and I think she has more physical talent than those 2, but I dont think she has their mental toughness

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
It's sad OJ's body let her down at the end but still a great week for her :yeah:

It's nice to see Dasha win her home title, especially after a pretty crap few months since Wimbledon. She has so much talent, I just hope her serve and her mental strength catch up.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Kasatkina is really settling in as a constant force. That is nice. Ons was on a hot streak as Yastremska after a mediocre year. Crossing fingers that they can continue like that in 2019!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yeah even though dasha had good mentality and was steady, I actually don’t think she played that well and her serve was poor which isn’t surprising she just hits less df’s now. She is such a friendly young lady and I ope this is still the early stages in her development!

ONS can be proud if herself too making history for Tunisia! She has to improve her fitness and physique + consistency. She just is very exciting to watch. She’ll have a longer career because she’s started later thanks to injuries

·
Registered
85,252 Posts
41 - 60 of 73 Posts