Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
90,427 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,675 Posts
Still listed for Courmayeur starting on October 25th & Linz starting on November 8th, where she is currently seeded #1.
Need my DRC fix. :love:
I’m hoping she will stay committed to those but I’m mindful of the question if she is withdrawing from a WTA 500 why would she then carry on with the 2 x WTA 250s? But, here’s hoping anyway.

·
Registered
38,158 Posts
SABALENKA said on her Instagram live that she hoped to play Moscow if they give her a wildcard. I'm not sure if she waz being serious though. I also wish Vika would play now that she seems to be finding some form, and it could be key to qualifying for the YEC depending on the next few days, but it seems unlikely…

·
Registered
20,988 Posts
what does 1 SE mean here?
Special Exempt

Special Exempt Spots
One (1) Special Exempt Spot shall be held at each WTA Tournament (excluding WTA 125 Tournaments that occur during the second week of WTA 1000 Mandatory Tournaments or Grand Slams). A “Special Exempt Spot” is a singles Main Draw spot reserved for a singles player who is unable to compete in the Qualifying of a WTA Tournament in which she has been accepted as a direct acceptance by the Qualifying Sign-In Deadline (“Special Exempt Tournament”) because she is still competing in a Qualified Singles Event. “Qualified Singles Event” means the singles event of a Tournament in the week before the Special Exempt Tournament in accordance with the following char
P 61 https://photoresources.wtatennis.co...-e3b4-42e7-ab2b-e539d4586033/2021Rulebook.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
117,723 Posts
This coming week going to be a lot of fun! Both WTA & ATP draws

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I also wish Vika would play now that she seems to be finding some form, and it could be key to qualifying for the YEC depending on the next few days, but it seems unlikely…
In her on court interview after her QF win, she already said IW is her last tournament of the year..
So I guess she's not thinking of her possible chances for YEC.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts