Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
I don't really think the pressure comes from the breakthrough of Maria in Wimbledon, the pressure has always been there. All Kim can do right now is to recover from her serious injury, resume practising and with a right draw, she has her chance!

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
of course...seeing Anastasia and Maria win their first slam on their first try before her must hurt

·
Registered
24,167 Posts
indirectly, yes, i think myskina's win bothers her more bc it was on her favorite surface and she does what myskina does, just better. no offense to myskina, but she gets no free points on those serves and doesn't move with the same ferocity as kim.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
no, the contrary in my opinion.
There will be less 'pressure' on Kim seeing there are more contenders at the moment.
When she played the Usopen or the Ausopen it was ALL her and Justine...
Now it will be Williams x2, a bunch (sorry, don't mean this in a derogatory way) of Russians, Sprem (?), Justine and herself. I think Kim is the last person to worry about these things. I'm glad Justine already won some slams because I know she is one of the first persons to worry about these things ;)
Besides, I watched a video of a Kimmatch today. If she comes back at the level she left, she will have plenty of opportunities to reach finals and win slams IMHO.

Reactions: Freefall

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
pigam said:
no, the contrary in my opinion.
There will be less 'pressure' on Kim seeing there are more contenders at the moment.
When she played the Usopen or the Ausopen it was ALL her and Justine...
Now it will be Williams x2, a bunch (sorry, don't mean this in a derogatory way) of Russians, Sprem (?), Justine and herself. I think Kim is the last person to worry about these things. I'm glad Justine already won some slams because I know she is one of the first persons to worry about these things ;)
Besides, I watched a video of a Kimmatch today. If she comes back at the level she left, she will have plenty of opportunities to reach finals and win slams IMHO.
:)

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
ans said:
it is true isn't it.
This is really how I feel about it. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
ans said:
Of course it's true:)
ah! :) ... pff hoe sneller we die 2 belgskes gaan t'rugzien, hoe beter ... :unsure:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Well, last time Kim suffered a serious injury (the shoulder in 2002), she came back stronger than ever. So that Slam victory must be in the making now :) (I need something to console myself, missing her so long ;) )

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
nicky said:
Well, last time Kim suffered a serious injury (the shoulder in 2002), she came back stronger than ever. So that Slam victory must be in the making now :) (I need something to console myself, missing her so long ;) )
:bigwave:

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Ph51 said:
En ze zijn zeker beter of de laatste twee slamwinnaressen :)
denk ik eerlijk gezegd ook.
Tpi: bekijk af en toe nog eens een video (als ge die hebt) van één van onze meisjes. Gewoon om niet te vergeten hoé goed ze wel zijn (waren)... :) Vorige zomer: allebei :eek:

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
pigam said:
denk ik eerlijk gezegd ook.
Tpi: bekijk af en toe nog eens een video (als ge die hebt) van één van onze meisjes. Gewoon om niet te vergeten hoé goed ze wel zijn (waren)... :) Vorige zomer: allebei :eek:
Ik heb geen video's (alleen nog één minuut van de match Henin-Seles op wimbledon 2 jaar geleden die toevallig nog op mijn Friends-tape stond:p )
Ik heb alleen nog mijn geheugen en dat werkt al niet zo goed meer op mijn gezegende leeftijd van 24.

Look at all of us speaking Dutch:tape: ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts