Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in the paper today that Kim won't play Scottsdale; she'll practise next week for Indian Wells. She received the result of the bonescan of the right upperarm ; she has a pre-stressfracture, which is not totaly healed yet. The injury is a result of a bad pelvis and shoulderstability (?!) and she'll have to follow an intensive revalidationprogram. She'll only play Indian Wells, Miami, Rome and Berlin before the French Open, IF her arm don't get worse off course. She won't play any doubletournaments and she will not play the Fed Cup.
After Wimbeldon, Key Biscayne and Tokyo she'll have rest periods of three weeks. At the end of the season she'll have a break for eight weeks (=the off-season).

So young and already so many fysical problems. I hope she does well in the few tournaments she will play and that her arm will heal before the start of next season.

·
Registered
15,521 Posts
Didn't she have this stress fracture when she was 16 or 17 too? I once heard some commentators talking about her serve. They said that her serve used to be pretty weak when she was 16 because she had had "a starting stress fracture in her shoulder" so she couldn't serve hard. It was better last year so she could play a lot and serve better.

Too bad it's become worse again now :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts