Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radwański family proposed the City of Cracow that they'll invest 10 million zlotys (more than 2 milion dollars)in building there a complex of 5 indoor tennis courts (with decoturf-2 surface) for common use. They expect that the city will add it's own share (building plot and so on). The municipality will probably agree.

·
Premium Member
58,125 Posts
he will really give so much money!?!?! :eek:

I really doubt it :eek:

after what I saw for few minutes on polish TV I am really losing my whole respect to the Radwańska family, better move out to another country!!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Maybe this is damage control, the announcement's timing so close to the recent bad press. Regardless, it's a good way to "give back." Something tells me there'll be a controversy or two before the complex is finished. :devil:

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
absolutely :eek: I feel ashamed that they are Poles :tape::tape:
I feel ashamed of you too :)

Probably they've seen that Radwanska wanted to get money for playing in Warsaw. I would not be surprised if you were annoyed if she had asked for money for playing in Fed Cup, but this is just a tournament PLAYED in Warsaw. Bah, I wouldn't mind her not playing Fed Cup. She has never got any support from country or government, everything was paid by her father.

·
Premium Member
58,125 Posts
I feel ashamed of you too :)

Probably they've seen that Radwanska wanted to get money for playing in Warsaw. I would not be surprised if you were annoyed if she had asked for money for playing in Fed Cup, but this is just a tournament PLAYED in Warsaw. Bah, I wouldn't mind her not playing Fed Cup. She has never got any support from country or government, everything was paid by her father.
who gave her a chance to play in Warsaw? her daddy bought that WC in 2006?

are you blind or what?

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Wow her dad's that rich? Some background please?

And what was shown in the Polish media? All this speculation is so annoying. Post some proof or keep it in a subforum...

·
Premium Member
58,125 Posts
so why she was talking about injury? :eek: She could say: they don't want to give me $50,000 so I won't play here :eek:
if not the injury she would pay few $$$ for late withdrawing, and you know, every penny is very important for Radwański :tape:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Radwański family proposed the City of Cracow that they'll invest 10 million zlotys (more than 2 milion dollars)in building there a complex of 5 indoor tennis courts (with decoturf-2 surface) for common use. They expect that the city will add it's own share (building plot and so on). The municipality will probably agree.
how do you know it?

give some link

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is Poland, one of the most hypocritical countries in the world. You may earn money here, even big money, even dirty money, but on one condition: do not even say a word about it. Esp. when you are sportsman/woman and you play in/for your country.

·
Registered
11,468 Posts
it's not about money - this tournament gave her a chance to start professional tennis career 3 years ago and now she require money from them? :tape: that's ridiculous :eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts