Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She won... a set in the first round of qualies for the $10k Miami event this week. But no more, eventually going down to Bolivia's Monica Poveda 3-6, 6-4, 0-6.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
I was hoping not to hear that name again. :p

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Has anyone actually ever seen this girl play? I keep hearing the name, but never in the context of an actual tennis match!

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Well, I for one, appreciate the news. Yes her results stink, but she too is entitled to a fanbase.

:)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I actually have a website for her!!!

See my signature below!!!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I became a fan of hers because of all the hype and I thought it would be great fun to watch someone's career from the moment they turned professional.

She didn't live up to the hype, but from the very beginning she has responded to my e-mails and kept in touch and provided me with details of her upcoming events, and I really really appreciate that, so that is why I still cheer for her and will continue to do so.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
She took a set off Monica? That's interesting and the sort of thing I wanted to hear about! See, I didn't even know she played Monica! Maybe she only gets much publicity in America.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
I don't know what GoDominique is talking about. Viele has not and could not even dream of taking a set off Monica. With all the ass-whippings she has received from players with triple digit rankings, she has never even had the opportunity to play against a top 50 player.

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Hero, if you look above, they are referring to Monica Poveda (the player Monique lost to), not Monica Seles!!!

But, I can understand your confusion.. that's what I thought when I first saw that too!!! LOL

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
I give it up ! :rolleyes: No more jokes, I promise. :eek:

Of course I was referring to the mighty Monica Poveda.

Monique Viele could only dream of taking a POINT off Monica Seles.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Monique Viele has actually played four Top 50 players... but only in World Team Tennis, with it's weirdo scoring!

I'm not going to tell you the results though, because that is just fuel for the fire!!!

Oh, alright then:

lost to Nicole Pratt (Aus) 4-5 (1-5)
lost to Serena Williams (USA) 0-5
lost to Elena Likhovtseva (Rus) 1-5
lost to Monica Seles (USA) 1-4

So she has played Monica Seles and taken a game off her!!!

:bounce:

The highest ranked player Monique has beaten in her career is Leanne Baker of New Zealand, who was ranked #308 at the time!?!

But a good result ffrom World Team Tennis:

Mixed doubles: Jonathan Stark/Monique Viele def. Andy Roddick/Katie Schlukebir 5-1

She also got to play Serena Williams, Monica Seles, Mary Joe Fernandez and Martina Navratilova in doubles at World Team Tennis, losing to them all.

:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts