Tennis Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Go Monica!! Reach the quarters and have a great match against Venus! May the best woman win it!!

·
Veelieve!!!
32,892 Posts
I love Monica just as much as most of all those crying over her draw. But what exactly is a horrible draw??? The last time I checked all the players were professionals--- so as far as I see it, they should be prepared to face any player at any given time ...

V. Williams: Monica hs never beaten her but has cme close in the past. With her new found fitness Monica can beat anyone in the world! Seles owns Australia and Venu hasn't preformed well in the past. Her tournment win last week wasn't to impressive, strugling to Petrova, someone she has beaten before 6-0,6-2. She went on to win 7-6,6-5 when Petrova was forced to retire.
UMMM every player struggles sometimes , so I don't get this ... To call Venus's win last week unimpressive is ludicris... This is a woman who last played a tournament in September.... So she struggled a bit... Winning the tournament is even more impressive after this if you asked me. Do you think that after last year's semi embarrassment it will be easy for "anyone" (including Monica who owns Australia) to get past ???

NEVER bet Aagainst Venus Williams" :p

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I agree with Infinity. Sooner or later Monica might have to face another top 10 player. Wouldn't it be great if Monica won the final knowing that she had a tough draw?

Best of luck to Monica! :bounce:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I think Monica will get to the quarters but against Venus i don't no it should be a close three setter mabye the best match of the tournie!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Infiniti2001: I'm sick of everyone saying that Venus is the best and that if she faces Monica then she wil win. It seems like your counting out Monica before the tournament or the matchup even begins. Everyone thinks Venus is the best, she is quite good but her attitude makes me hope she losses every match. I AM THE BEST, NO ONE CAN BEAT ME! Yeah, yeah, yeah venus is not unbeatable and she rarely has any blowouts when playing others. She may come out firing but she then has a let down, letting the others get back into the match. Monica desirves to win against Venus, not only does she have more experience but she is a true champion not some bratty kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Hi galadriel and Miranda :):):):)

I can still post from here in Toronto :):)

As for Monica's draw, anyone with any respect for her and what she's achieved - which includes most of the people in this thread :) - has to believe she can make it through.

Looking at that draw, the only threat I see is Venus and as long as Monica gives it her best shot she has a good chance. There is no point in her playing if she doesn't believe she can win. Venus is the best player in the world so of course it will be tough, but we all know she is a fighter and she will be ready for this fight.

GO MONICA !!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
ok ok so Monica has a crap draw. but the only threat i see is Venus. She has never beaten Venus but i have just seen Monica's Hopman matches and she looks in the best shape she's been in lets say post-stabbing. She loves the rebound ace court. She loves australia and the Aus Open and this not one person is counting her in with half a chance. THIS is when Monica can do her worst damage! WHEN SHE IS UNDERESTIMATED!! Despit this draw i still believe and @ the US Open she had a great draw and lost early so mabye a hard draw is not so bad. Even is the worst happens and Venus beats her she wont have been the first champion crushed by Venus i just hope and pray that Monica's time is finally here! :)

:bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
1,950 Posts
Monica fans. Have a little faith in your girl. Monica is a proven champion. She has been through tougher draws in her career and been a Slam champion more times than I can remember.

I think the other players should be a little worried. They have to face Monica. :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Get OFF of Fantasy Island!!

"Monica CAN beat Venus because Monica likes the surface and Venus doesn't. And Venus isn't really in shape, Monica is. "

LMAO!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts