Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we could only all live our lives with such class and decorum....

Q. Just one other question: yesterday, Rios made the comment about the women's game, that it was a joke, and that it wasn't tough. I was wondering if you had any thoughts about?

A. I'm not even going to comment on that. I'm not even going to give him an answer back on that.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
GO MONICA!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
veryborednow Monica probarly feels that that joker doesn`t deserve any attention from her!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,711 Posts
Simply because she has nothing, absolutely nothing to say. After everyone watched four "exciting" WTA matches yesterday, and that was R16 of Grand Slam for Christ sake..

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
I understand that there is a point in Rios comment, that women match do not heat up until quarterfinal, but one has to wonder why does he has to say that, what is his point? Instead of working togather with the women, he basically trash his own sport. Oh well...

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Cool response from Monica! But I was happy with Martina's and Venus' scathing replies too. I never could stand Rios.

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Woohoo Monica!!:bounce:

True, some of the women's matches we've seen these past few days haven't been very interesting. But what about those unwatchable men's matches then? Serve vs serve.
Venus was right when she said that in the women's game, they fight for every point. When watching a men's match and I see someone make a passing shot, I often think that had it been two women playing, the player would have tried to go for that shot and not just let it pass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts