Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we are following the Antwerp tourney, there is another one going on this week in Doha, Qatar, where Marti played last year. It is Monica and a field of stiffs, and the title will almost certainly go to Monica.

Toward the end of last year, Monica picked up three titles in weak-field tourneys - Brasil Open, Japan Open, Kiwi Open in Shanghai. I sort of understood why she did that, in view of the post-September 11 climate and her refusal to play in Germany.

I have always liked Monica, and sympathized with all she has gone through. She has already this year taken Marti to three tough sets twice in strong-field tourneys. But I hope this doesn't become a pattern of Monica's, to get as many cheap titles as she can and pad her career total, now 51 and not too far ahead of Marti's 40.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Maybe she just wanted to wear the traditional outfit,

Martina's made it famous.;)

I also think she's doing Promotional work, $$$$$$$$$$.

I have seen many pics of Monica, I think taken before or while the tournament has been played.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I doubt she thinks this way same as that she does it for the money. I heard she was asked to play!

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Monica played in Qatar because the WTA got ON THEIR KNEES and begged. She played the Brazil OPen because it was a Tier II. Who did or didn't feel like showing up is not her fucking problem. She played the Japan Open and Shanghai Open because some miserable goofball motherfucker tried to kill her and Germany didn't care.

Any other questions?

·
Banned
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can U not swear at what i say. God thats what u get form having ure opinion loozer:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you wanted to know why she played those tournaments. If I had realized your actual intention was to belittle Monica's titles so you could pretend Martina has more, I wouldn't have bothered answering.

·
Banned
692 Posts
[Admin edit due to offensive language]

·
Registered
298 Posts
This is just a good opportunity to remember the tons of 'Martina's greedy and playing only for the money' threads from last year. Of course Monica isn't doing that, but Martina was.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
"I like Monica but I hope she get`s stabbed"(I transformed two posts in one)
Does that make sense?
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
UM excuse me! Bahia was a tier 2 and had a decent field!If no one could beat her there thats there problem she was asked to play the Japan Open as part of her sponseship deal with Yonex and if makes sense playing Shaghai! This year a tier 3 is meant to have a top 10 player!Doha didn't have one and the WTA asked her to play it!
Get over it whiny!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Monica is only doing it cause the WTA begged her to, not for any other reason.

The WTA has to try to have a top 10 player in most tournaments!

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Bearing in mind that almost 20% of Monica's 50 titles are grand slams, I imagine it will take some padding out to make her total look cheap

Aside from excessive scheduling, I have no problem with her playing this week and I had no problem with Martina playing last year - both are supporting the tour which is a nice thing to do.

Perhaps it's hard for you to grasp Linton, but not all players just turn up just for the sake of improving their career statistics :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
And it's not like she went to middle-east just to play Doha......she was already commited to play Dubai......why not play both tourneys then!!!!! Besides Kournikova is the only player who feels ashamed to play events lower than TierII !! There's nothing wrong to play Tiers III events. We're gonna see this year a lot more top10 players in Tiers III ... besides, every point is important when you're preparing for the slams! If Seles can get a #5 or #4 seed at RG, good for her!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
This topic is absolutely absurd! :rolleyes:

Linton, are you on drugs or are you just trying to belittle Monica's achievements because you fear Martina won't pass her in career wins??? It's unbelievable what some posters will stoop to. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh god Linton. Sometimes I get the feeling that you just don't think before you type.

Monica is a great champion regardless of what tournaments she wins. If she wants to play in Doha then that is up to her and good on her for doing it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
First, i think Seles is not the kind of player going for "cheap" titles.
I think her schedule is completely devoid of calculations.

And, most of all, ...........cheap titles in 2002?
Nah.....
And the AusOpens in the seventies?
And Roland Garros in its "black decade?
C'mon....
:)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Dumb da dumb-dumb

Oh Boy! :eek:

·
Banned
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol all Angry people. Isint it funny? U should all go to into politics prehaps u can make a different place. What do i get for having my say? I dont really give if its a "stupid" post. to me im having my view. alot of u a pretty snobby. Ive even heard people think aristrocrately of themselves. Well as soon as u have ure post ill go in trash it should eye?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts