·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Way to fight through that rust Monica!!

Reactions: VivalaSeles

·
Registered
991 Posts
love that pic! she has fans wherever she goes!

tough match - but well done Mon,

no matter Myri - you're gonna be a huge star no matter what! :)

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
Go Moni!!!!!
Rack up the points, Baby!!!!!

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Congratulations Monica! :worship:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:hearts: that pic of her fans!

I was following the score on line as best as I could while at work.

Set 1: Myriam broke Monica in the very first game. They each held serve the rest of the set.

Set 2: Monica broke Myriam early, then again in the last game.

Set 3: Monica broke Myriam early, then lost her own serve at 4-2, then broke again to go up 5-3 and served out the match.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
There is a pic of her on the website.

Here is a brief wire story:

Monica Seles needed three sets to get by 46th-ranked Myriam Casanova on Tuesday in the first round of the US$1.3 million Italian Open.

The 10th-seeded Seles appeared stunned by the Swiss player's powerful strokes in the first set, but then showed her experience and court savy to pull out a 4-6, 6-2, 6-3 victory.

Seles, who won this key clay-court tuneup for the French Open in 1990 and 2000, received constant encouragement from the Foro Italico crowd.

After her comeback was complete, a group of fans clad in U.S. flags presented the nationalized American with a dozen red roses.

Casanova, who was making her Rome debut, produced a series of aces and winners in the first set. But as the match wore on, Seles began to win longer rallies.

Sounds like a good match! Anyone know why the doubles never took place? Hope nothing bad.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Her doubles is scheduled for late in the day. At least, I think it is. It's only 7:00 PM right now in Rome.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts

Congrats Monica! :kiss: :bounce:

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
It appeared on the scoreboard for several minutes, and then disappeared. Maybe its just delayed. My fear is Monica withdrew because her foot is hurting.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Their scoreboard isn't working for me. It's still stuck at the precise moment she defeated Casanova. It doesn't even say "Williams" anywhere, no matter how much I re-open or refresh it.

Maybe a rain delay?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts