Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have just some new clips to our Monica Seles Video Clips Section :wavey:

We decided to try something new and are pretty excited about it.

We are gonna do a glimpse in to Monica's career, for each year that she played.

Right now we have 1989 - In the Beginning, Chapter 1 - 3 available for viewing on our forum.

Come check out the beginning of Monica's career!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
monicAnna said:
Chapter 2 isn't available :(
Its about to be up again, we had to make 1 change ;)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Both Chapters are up - and our site is working DADYO.

Hope you all enjoy 1989 - In the Beginning :wavey:

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Omg gotta love this clips, what an amazing player Monica, even back then so tiny, full of talent and great mind, she could have beaten Steffi indeed, i had a different perception of this match beforehand

Reactions: croat123 and R&J

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
They work well for me. Thanks Ronny & James! :worship: :worship:

Reactions: R&J

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for posting you all, we will do Chapter 3 very soon!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I have all of the matches you've included in these clips.

I fastforwarded through two of them last night, the Evert match and the Graf match.

It was interesting to see them after all of these years. They do help to dispel some notions about Seles. She didn't, in fact, hit the ball hard on every shot. She did so selectively. And, she seemed less capable of doing that from a defensive position. She also wasn't shy about moonballing her opponent. She does it to both Evert and Graf. Evert moonballs her right back. Graf would have none of that. The commentators also kept remarking on how skinny Seles was and how little muscle tone and natural muscularity she had. I did take note of that, but also took note of something else...

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Having said all that, I can see why she turned out to be such a brilliant competitor.

She knows how to stay in a point. She always gives herself the best chance of winning it.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for posting LDVTennis, I think.....;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would love to see these clips but I haven't been able to access the forum for a few days... I always get a "website non responding" message. :sad:
The site works fine, but no forum... :confused:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.