Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WIMBLEDON, England (AP) -- Former champion Goran Ivanisevic and Monica Seles pulled out of Wimbledon because of injuries.

Ivanisevic, the 2001 winner, withdrew for the second year, this time because of a knee injury, organizers said Sunday.

Seles, a Wimbledon runner-up in 1992, has been troubled by foot problems. She lost in straight sets to Nadia Petrova in the first round of the French Open three weeks ago.

Argentina's Mariana Diaz-Olivia and Luxembourg's Anne Kremer have withdrawn as well. Former No. 1 Marcelo Rios, who dislikes grass-court tournaments, also has pulled out.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I'm not going to put a happy smiley on either, but I just can't be sad about Monica sitting out this Wimbledon. I'd much rather have it this way than seeing her going out in the first round again. And of course, her health is the only thing that matters.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Monica :sad:
Anne :sad:
Goran :sad:

Get well soon!

I like how they put "who dislikes grass tournaments" next to Rios, lol, as if thats the real reason he pulled out.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Monika get well soon and WE LOVE YOU.

One Croatian out ( Goran ) and one in KAROLINA SPREM...

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

This just makes me believe even more that this will be Monica's last year. I mean, how much longer can she go on with all of these injuries?? :sad:

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Goran and Monica :sad:

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Poor Monica:sad:
And what's the problem with poor Kremer???

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Monica maybe should have had that foot surgery, as the time passing pulling out of events (and or retiring or performing poorly) seems to be equalling the time of recuperation :<

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Get well soon Monica.

Congrtas Tammy will be getting into top 32. :kiss: :hearts: :kiss:

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Monica :(
Goran :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts