Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at work and I'm bored so I'm going to post a Monica question that I could probably look up somewhere.

I know she's planning to play Rome next week. But in late May of last year, she won title #53 :) at Madrid.

Is she planning on replacing Madrid with Rome? Or will she be able to (would it be practical to) defend her Madrid points in addition to Rome?

·
Registered
24,190 Posts
i don't think she will play madrid... bc it would be sort of pointless. she would then be playing 4 weeks in a row and a tier III is a waste of energy. she should have played warsaw... i mean she could have won that title for sure. i'm just hoping the foot is healed and that she is working on her footwork and some running...

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had she played Warsaw, she would have been in the public eye and available to reporters leading up to, and on, April 30. I suspect she intentionally stayed home during that week to minimize the press as much as possible.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Madrid...?

I doubt she will play Madrid. She said that she was gonna cut down her schedule this year and she has. I bet she plays the Italian Open and then the French - kind of give it her all. I hope she does take a WC into Madrid though, she needs more matches to help her ranking.

Reactions: galadriel

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, I agree with faboozadoo. Winning Madrid would help her ranking only by a fraction, and in practical terms, that's not worth expending the energy. I hope she plays Rome, rests, and wins the French.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Spirit said:
Nah, I agree with faboozadoo. Winning Madrid would help her ranking only by a fraction, and in practical terms, that's not worth expending the energy. I hope she plays Rome, rests, and wins the French.
Gosh winning the French would be a dream!!!!!!! Lets hope it happens!!!!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lots of people post "Go Monica" in lots of threads, especially in the General Messages forum. I've never understood the need, myself, but why single out rfs1999?

::::EDITING AFTER HAVING A BRAINBREEZE (it's like a brainstorm, but smaller):::::

Or were you saying that rfs1999 never posts anything but "Go Monica" over and over?

Sorry...perhaps I jumped to conclusions. :)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was wondering...It seems like I never see his name beside anything but that...I'm not being picky or anthing...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts