Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Veelieve!!!
32,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
flew to Australia on the same plane way back in December--- it's only fitting that they both fly back to the U.S together to commiserate since they're out Dubai... Heehee don't mind me, just trying to lighten things around here... :p

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Wow. What an "upsetting" day in Dubai.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I no i'm upset too!:( :mad: :fiery: :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I am not upset because Venus and Seles were both tired. They need the rest and relaxtion.:) Plus Venus made it to #1:)

Also Sandrine and Amelie are in the finals... 2 of the tours most precious people. Better luck next Vee and good luck Sandrine and Amelie.

I mean for me these 4 are classy players and women... It helps when your fav loses to someone you have alot of respect for.:)

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
What worries me is that they might plot revenge ;)

I hope Monica gets some rest, I hope V's knee heals and I REALLY hope Momo isn't feeling too patriotic tomorrow :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Seles and Venus are now heading for a 3 weeks vacation!!! They probably didn't think about their loss anymore! What matters in the end is the net result! What a successful february for both players! Venus will go back home, with 2 titles, crowned Diamond queen and will be #1 next monday! Seles will bring home 1 title, and #7 ranking (that's 3 more places compared with the beginning of the month!)......

These are 2 of the best players of the year.......they'll be back very soon......kicking a$$ again!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
That IS funny. :) Especially after that 'Seles Out to Spoil Williams Walkover' headline before the tournament. :) Congrats to Amelie and Sandrine! I'm a bit sad cause Venus lost, but she's had a great start to the season. Two tournament wins, an SF and a QF in her first four tournaments, and the #1 ranking, as of Monday! (Monica has had a good start to the eason too, including her first ever victory over Venus, and an SF at OZ.) And since Venus lost to good players, Seles and Testud, I'm okay with it.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Well, perhaps they are overdue for rest, but I for one wouldn't have been too upset at the prospect of Monica playing one more match.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
As a Mon fan, I am more than relief that Monica can have some rest finally, I think being healthy is more important to her, and I am glad she did not pick up any injury this time round by playing so much, it is a relief.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Now that Venus and Monica lost, maybe they will go and get the rest they both need. They both should take two weeks off, if they keep pushing themselves more injuries will come. :mad:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Well.... 2 loses in a day is too much to handle... :sad:

·
Registered
752 Posts
aaaaaa Monica lost

:sad: :sad: :sad:

oh well at least she have some rest now

·
Registered
856 Posts
Rest up Venus and Monica, you two deserve it after these few week!:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts