Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you move the Williams doubles cheering thread back to it's rightful place in the Doubles Forum. Just because one person (who I've rarely seen post in that forum) complains is no reason to move it. I've never seen any of the regular posters of the doubles forum complain about it. I always thought that thread was good to have there, because, instead of creating a new thread for every match they play, their fans celebrated their results in that cheering thread.

Another thing, I didn't want to create this new thread but since the original thread was closed, I had to. Can moderators please stop closing all these threads? It's very annoying to read through a thread and then be unable to reply. If a thread gets out of hand, surely it's better to just delete it than close it?

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,490 Posts
Can you please post the link to the thread you're referring to? I moved on but am not sure if it's the one you meant.

·
Dubai Love
52,405 Posts
that's it;)
I also don't see a problem with it, just because the WS BIGGEST hater has to have his daily bitch fit about them, no one else cared, other teams can do it too.:shrug: And plus the people complaining I have seen post once or twice and that's it.

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
OMG. :tape: Not another one of these threads. They're not doing you any harm so why not just live and let live? :eek:

And as Kart would say, the report button is there for a reason. :p

·
45,490 Posts
In that case if you find a poster that goes out of line regularly, do report their post so action can be taken on their posts exclusively;) There are so many threads that go wrong (and that you don't notice because they're removed before you have the chance to read them) that sometimes we do get extra careful and remove them.

So yes REPORT is what you should definitely use.

·
45,490 Posts
About cheering threads, we do tend to leave them either in the tournament forum or the players forums. I'll bring up the issue with fellow mods though.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Guys, it's not because someone complained about it that it was ultimately moved.

There is a specific Williams sisters forum. We've got nothing like that for any other doubles partnership and are not likely to ever do so.

It was created because Williams sisters fans asked for it - and this is despite the fact that Venus and Serena already have individual forums.

Most of you don't even use that forum but it would have been created partly because Venus and Serena are among the most popular players on this board.

You can't all have it both ways. So either we get rid of the forum and the majority of those type of threads go to USA forum or into either Venus' or Serena's forum and then you can have your cheering thread back in doubles forum like everyone else or things stay as they are.

I'd like to see your thread go back to doubles forum as well because that's where I think it should be. However, you can't all have the luxury of an extra forum as well when no one else has. It's simply not fair.

·
Banned
35,898 Posts
Guys, it's not because someone complained about it that it was ultimately moved.

There is a specific Williams sisters forum. We've got nothing like that for any other doubles partnership and are not likely to ever do so.

It was created because Williams sisters fans asked for it - and this is despite the fact that Venus and Serena already have individual forums.

Most of you don't even use that forum but it would have been created partly because Venus and Serena are among the most popular players on this board.

You can't all have it both ways. So either we get rid of the forum and the majority of those type of threads go to USA forum or into either Venus' or Serena's forum and then you can have your cheering thread back in doubles forum like everyone else or things stay as they are.

I'd like to see your thread go back to doubles forum as well because that's where I think it should be. However, you can't all have the luxury of an extra forum as well when no one else has. It's simply not fair.
About the first thing I agree with you on :worship:

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Another thing, I didn't want to create this new thread but since the original thread was closed, I had to. Can moderators please stop closing all these threads? It's very annoying to read through a thread and then be unable to reply. If a thread gets out of hand, surely it's better to just delete it than close it?
Deleting threads mean that people can't see what's preceded. Threads get closed once the get answered or they go off topic or they get out of hand (or are expected to.) Sorry if that upsets you but it is unlikely to change. You're supposed to start a new thread for a new query.

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
I just don't get why its such a big issue and why people care so much about whether a thread is in GM or in their forum. If you don't like it, don't enter it... And thats the same for all the other threads in GM (unless of course they are the ones like SeReNa Is FaT!!11) :shrug:.

·
stubborn procrastinator
109,001 Posts

Kart, your memory is really failing you. :p Williams sisters forum was created first shortly after this board opened, and it was not meant as a doubles forum. Probably about a year later Venus and Serena got their own forums. ;) You can't possibly be that old now, Kart. :p Oh, and I got nothing to add to the topic itself cause I don't really care one way or the other. I just had to pick on you. :kiss: :p

Reactions: Agape

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
^ I know that but it was kept open at the request of posters after the individual forums were created.

Though it may not have originally started out as a doubles forum, that's all it could serve as now.

I appreciate Williams sisters are a unique situation which is why the forum exists but the end point is simply use it or lose it.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OMG. :tape: Not another one of these threads. They're not doing you any harm so why not just live and let live? :eek:

And as Kart would say, the report button is there for a reason. :p
What are you on about?

Ok good point, but that thread was fine being in the doubles forum until one person complained (months after it was created). I just don't really agree with things working like that but I understand why it was moved.

·
Registered
47,662 Posts
I just don't get why its such a big issue and why people care so much about whether a thread is in GM or in their forum. If you don't like it, don't enter it... And thats the same for all the other threads in GM (unless of course they are the ones like SeReNa Is FaT!!11) :shrug:.
It is actually quite simple.

If a meaningless thread is in GM that should be in a different forum, it is taking up space on that first page of threads that show up on our computer screens. There could be a very valuable thread that was moved to page two because one of these meaningless threads took its spot on the first page. You with me? So, if threads were always posted in the correct forum, we would have more relevant threads in GM and could possibly have less conflict.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Ok good point, but that thread was fine being in the doubles forum until one person complained (months after it was created). I just don't really agree with things working like that but I understand why it was moved.
I accept your point. Like I said, I'd have liked it to stay where it was originally. If the complaint had been invalid, I'd have ignored it. Unfortunately, he made a fair point.

I hope you can see though that once the issue was raised, our hands were pretty much tied in what we could do.

It's unsatisfactory for most of the people involved but I expect that was the ultimate goal for the original poster that made the complaint.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.