Tennis Forum banner

701 - 712 of 712 Posts

·
Registered
85,718 Posts
A stupid poster called Mods to take action against posters supposed to make "racist" comments for saying "jungle screams" regarding Serena Williams. I found this poster offending. And it seems actions were made against those posters (who disappeared from the thread), which makes me pretty angry right now. I sure hope Mods aren't getting that dumb about that so-called "racism".
God thanks Mods delete his thread in GM.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am relatively new. Not even sure if the is the best way to get an answer quickly. So I am looking at the non tennis forum, and seeing broad category 'civil rights' sorts of threads, which touch indirectly on politics, but there are no obvious threads referring to specific political candidates. Is it because such threads are discouraged or banned because they are a real hassle for moderators or because this is an unusually apathetic crowd or they keep being closed because nobody knows how to discuss the topic and obey forum rules for longer than it takes for the weather to change?

Don't want to breach rules here.

·
Banned
335 Posts
I'm back from my month long ban, without any reason given other than cooker cutter: 'your post was deemed offensive and made to some uncomfortable claims to the triggered'.

This thread also states: "please PM an admin"

Well the email correspondence I received from a site Admin was to directly contact the mod who banned me. So where does one go? Is the mod here, hiding?

?

·
Admin
66,043 Posts
I'm back from my month long ban, without any reason given other than cooker cutter: 'your post was deemed offensive and made to some uncomfortable claims to the triggered'.

This thread also states: "please PM an admin"

Well the email correspondence I received from a site Admin was to directly contact the mod who banned me. So where does one go? Is the mod here, hiding?

?
it was about the post you made in the "Donald Trump Congratulates Serena Williams On His Twitter Feed" thread but as it is written already on first page, this thread is not for asking about ban reasons etc, so if you need/want further information about your ban, feel free to send me (or any other admin) a PM.

I am relatively new. Not even sure if the is the best way to get an answer quickly. So I am looking at the non tennis forum, and seeing broad category 'civil rights' sorts of threads, which touch indirectly on politics, but there are no obvious threads referring to specific political candidates. Is it because such threads are discouraged or banned because they are a real hassle for moderators or because this is an unusually apathetic crowd or they keep being closed because nobody knows how to discuss the topic and obey forum rules for longer than it takes for the weather to change?

Don't want to breach rules here.
Users do discuss about politics also but we often collect topics into bigger threads when it comes to politics, we also collect race-relations and lgbt issues into one bigger thread, we also have a general US Political Thread and one for European Politics/Canadian politics etc. in the Chat Threads section in which they discuss about political candidates as well.
Political threads don´t get banned but we often do merge them and the topic itself is obviously a tough one, so we often have to delete stuff, sometimes close threads also but in general you can discuss about everything you want as long as you follow the forum rules

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
So I created a very interesting thread, and I know that thanks to the incompetent team of webmasters, now the mods have to authorize the thread to avoid spam. Thing is, I Just checked and my thread (which was very interesting actually) had the name crossed and 2 views, which indicates that someone besides me viewed, which means it was probably not authorized. I would like to know why exactly? It was very reasonable, with a good topic of discussion as there's no tennis going on, respectful and non confrontative. So if it was denied, what was the rpoblem?

·
Admin
66,043 Posts
I guess you talk about the " most likeable player" thread, this one got approved by a team member a few hours ago.
Can't tell you right now if it was denied at first or not.

·
Registered
85,718 Posts
What happens to my thread about Stacey Allaster - first female tournament director of a slam?

·
Admin
66,043 Posts
What happens to my thread about Stacey Allaster - first female tournament director of a slam?

we need to approve threads in GM first but the thread you mention above is approved now

·
Registered
85,718 Posts

we need to approve threads in GM first but the thread you mention above is approved now
:eek: :eek:
Thank you @Michael!

701 - 712 of 712 Posts