Tennis Forum banner

681 - 699 of 699 Posts

·
Registered
10,833 Posts
well, only webmasters can answer that but I guess it´s quite obvious that TF will look same after our update!
Not sure yet when the update will be as we did not receive an exact date from the webmasters

I guess we just have to get used to it (have to admit that I don't like the new design myself as well but I often have trouble to get used to new stuff :D)
Will you be able to change back to classic skins?

Like it let's you do now, Classic skin I is by far the best skin.

·
Admin
65,535 Posts
Will you be able to change back to classic skins?

Like it let's you do now, Classic skin I is by far the best skin.
does not look like it, on MTF they have two skins only, the light and dark mode with white/black background, so should be the same here, however they still adjust small things on MTF and you can give them a feedback in this thead over there already https://www.menstennisforums.com/threads/mtf-site-upgrade-coming-monday-november-11th-2019.972438/page-10

·
Registered
81,395 Posts

·
Registered
12,688 Posts
:worship: I don´t like it too
I haven't explored it in detail yet and I don't spend a lot of time on there but the two worst things so far for me are the background colours, both of which are not great for viewing (the background colour on here is perfect and doesn't give eye strain, which the new MTF light or dark backgrounds do) and the thin lines between posts. The improved speed is good though and hopefully this site will be a lot less 'buggy' after the change.

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
What's the point of a complete redesign?

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Faster, smoother experience.
I'd rather keep it the way it is if it means having the option to switch back to Classic. That's the only layout I like.

·
Admin
65,535 Posts
There are spam posts like this recently eg https://www.tennisforum.com/12-general-messages/1358749-technical-support-analyst.html

In the past, wasn't there a thing where posters had to make a minimum number of posts before they could start a thread? Reinstating that would get rid of crap like this. Will the software update fix the problem? When is that happening?
Webmasters changed some stuff as they are trying to remove barriers new users face when joining the site and make it an easier process for users to create an account and start posting on the forum etc.
But the new platform will have alot more advanced spam protection so it will prevent spambot from access the site but right now (until we had the update) it is obviously not ideal but nothing we can do about it unfortunately, just keep reporting those spammers immediately.

Update will happen soon but the exact date is still unknown.

·
always getting what i want
17,712 Posts
If it's not broken, don't fix it.

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Webmasters changed some stuff as they are trying to remove barriers new users face when joining the site and make it an easier process for users to create an account and start posting on the forum etc.
But the new platform will have alot more advanced spam protection so it will prevent spambot from access the site but right now (until we had the update) it is obviously not ideal but nothing we can do about it unfortunately, just keep reporting those spammers immediately.

Intrigue, intrigue, intrigue.

·
Registered
81,395 Posts

Dec 4

·
Registered
81,395 Posts
What happens to the banned User thread?

·
Admin
65,535 Posts
It's back again, it was there before also but unsticky (as all other threads were unsticky for a short moment in this section as webmasters did some changes before the update) but all back to normal now!!

681 - 699 of 699 Posts