Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to rush off to class but I'd like to say that I think that some of the mods have been very abusive of their power and closing and deleting threads that do no harm. They also like to delete posts for no reason. The particular mod that I am discussing in this case is Bibi.
This mod deleted 3-4 of my posts and this is what I remember of them...
1. :banana: :devil:
2. (Something to frontier like) I thought posts were being deleted frontier. And you said it was Bibi?
3. Oh I get it now, Bibi is a Justine fan, :rolls: :haha:
I remember the fourth one as well but that deletion was justified.

So I would just like to know why some mods are not corrected for not being impartial.
I really feel like some of you guys are just abusing your power because of personal opinions, :shrug:

Thanks for the reply and the close of this thread that I know is coming, :rolleyes:
Why not leave this thread open for discussion, :shrug:

·
Kookie Supporter
67,244 Posts
At least your post is a lot more articulate than your last contribution to this forum.

If there are questions regarding deletion of a post (or more posts) contact the moderator by PM. There is no need to waste several posts in a thread that is about a totally different topic. You may still not agree in the end, but there is room for discussion always. Only thing is you do it in a reasonable fashion. Hurling accusations about will not get you anywhere.

I will leave the thread open for now. But don't make me regret it later then.

·
Premium Member
23,427 Posts
2 things.

1st.

At least your post is a lot more articulate than your last contribution to this forum.
:haha: :kiss:

2nd.

Almost all of the Mods (except few) NEVER awnser PM's and even less if you're complaining about something they did.

·
Kookie Supporter
67,244 Posts
Almost all of the Mods (except few) NEVER awnser PM's and even less if you're complaining about something they did.
I already said something about that in my reply. If you send a reasonable message, you will no doubt get an answer. I have seen cases though where people first either hurl abuse or badrep the mod in question. One should not expect a lot in those cases.

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
I already said something about that in my reply. If you send a reasonable message, you will no doubt get an answer. I have seen cases though where people first either hurl abuse or badrep the mod in question. One should not expect a lot in those cases.
I've seen mods who are like that.

Is there any way to complain about a moderator behaviour and get them stripped of their moderator status?

I can think of two moderators who are biased againsts players they don't like and if you try to discuss it with them they act like their above it all.

Note: I'm not talking about ^bibi^

·
Kookie Supporter
67,244 Posts

Is there any way to complain about a moderator behaviour and get them stripped of their moderator status?

I can think of two moderators who are biased againsts players they don't like and if you try to discuss it with them they act like their above it all.

I understand your point, but I would like to offer another perspective on that too. Mods and admins have a special responsibility. Yet some people think that this means they can never voice an opinion for this reason. It's true to say that when a mod or admin acts in an official capacity that opinion should not come into play. Sometimes they are human too and there can be a fine line between the two roles. Mods and admins are not above criticism in any way though.

Complaining about mods or admins can be done by reporting the relevant post, as with any other poster. Stripping of the mod status can happen in extreme cases.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts

I will add to James' post that it is also a possibility to PM any of the admins with links to posts that prove your point;)

·
Banned
9,861 Posts
Bibi's losing his mind. He's a nice guy but such a HORRIBLE moderator! Having him among the staff is a travesty IMO.

Reactions: -sugi-

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Read the posts above and follow our advice.
Simply bashing him is way too easy.

·
Banned
9,861 Posts
Read the posts above and follow our advice.
Simply bashing him is way too easy.
I'm not bashing anybody, I'm just expressing my personal opinion on the topic. Plus I sent him a PM like 10min ago, I'm waiting for his answer.

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,731 Posts
PM answered, and no I'm not a girl lol (lots of people seem to think that lol)

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Some of the posters here are ridiculous. Don't complain about moderators when 50% of your posts are nothing but insults against other posters and trying to antagonize people. :lol:

As you can tell, I'm not as diplomatic as James or Linda. And based on the crap bibi puts up with in GM, I wouldn't blame him for not responding to some of you. ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Lounge Owner
44,144 Posts
Well, even for me it´s sometimes difficult to bow to mods that are some years younger than me :p :devil:

And i want to add: Sometimes it´s enough to close a thread, there is often no need to delete it.

But now it´s time for a praise:
Many mods/admins i got to know on this board (per example Kart, James, Yasmine, Ceze, tobi, DoctorG, rrfnpump) are ALWAYS friendly and fair :worship:

A few mods are a little bit strange and seem to be unsympathetic, but it´s not that important for me that i would name them here - so I just ignore them :p

Reactions: tobi

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Bibi's losing his mind. He's a nice guy but such a HORRIBLE moderator! Having him among the staff is a travesty IMO.
This is one time I have to agree with Il Primo. A little trigger happy for my tastes.

Anyway, I want to give out kudos to the following mods and admins for fair and objective administration and for being kind and understanding, especially when I'm upset. :)

Kart, James, Yasmine, Ceze, and Ryan. Ryan and I haven't always got along or agreed, but I have respect for him because I think he's trying really hard to be a good moderator and I want to support him based on our realty show friendship. ;) He knows what I mean.

Reactions: James

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
Maybe someone should open one thread about difficulties with moderators, instead of opening a new one everytime someone has a problem. I know I've opened a few, maybe it might just be easier to check back on the one thread instead of going through numerous ones.

I've had difficulties with one or two moderators who I disliked, but it's time to get over it. These people are taking time out of their own day to keep the TennisForum streets clean and free of player bashing. Overall, the new moderators have done a pretty stand up job so far, so ease of them a bit.

If you have a problem with a moderator, PM the moderator. If they don't reply, PM an administrator. Don't open a thread just for the purpose of demeaning them or attempting to publicly shame them.

Reactions: Sonja

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
i use to have an issue with one specific moderator, but then we sorted our differences. I think most Mods are just doing thier jobs. I agree with what BiBi does because of what he does put up with. I think they do a good job in this forum :confused:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.