Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dubai Love
52,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that they basically turned Mixed into a joke?
Firstly the No-Ad and then the 3rd set super tiebreak, it's okay for regular events, but for Grand Slams even for Mixed I find stupid.
Also, the fact that both the WTA and ATP sites don't have a mixed results section. (Luckily itftennis.com does).
Luckily Wimbledon is keeping the tradition and have full 3 set matches for Mixed:p

Rant over:lol:

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
WTA Women's Doubles Tournament >>>>>>>> Mixed Doubles Slam

I hate the no ad and 10 point tiebreak rules as much as anyone else, but if they are going to use it in an event it has to be the mixed doubles. Mixed is far less important than singles or doubles. There is no ranking system, no regular tour, few regular teams.

Personally I think all matches should be normal scoring though.

·
Dubai Love
52,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WTA Women's Doubles Tournament >>>>>>>> Mixed Doubles Slam

I hate the no ad and 10 point tiebreak rules as much as anyone else, but if they are going to use it in an event it has to be the mixed doubles. Mixed is far less important than singles or doubles. There is no ranking system, no regular tour, few regular teams.

Personally I think all matches should be normal scoring though.
I too hate that there is no ranking system, it's kinda like a meaningless event and with the No-Ad and 10 point tiebreak it's like they want it to be.:eek:
I just think all slam matches should be full no matter the event.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I too hate that there is no ranking system, it's kinda like a meaningless event and with the No-Ad and 10 point tiebreak it's like they want it to be.:eek:
I just think all slam matches should be full no matter the event.
OMG PREACH

That's what I was thinking. I think all 5 Grand Slam events should account for ranking points, as well as have three (5 for men) proper set with AD's and without match tie-breaks.

I even think that they should do full matches for the doubles draws for the WTA too, like three proper sets with advantages. It's so stupid having the no-AD sets and the stupid match tie-break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts