Tennis Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Representing! Well one to our neighbour!

Our contestant had the worst, fugliest national costume I have ever seen. The nation was up in arms, and felt sabotaged by the South African designer. It didn't represent anything we know except the Praying Mantis.

·
Registered
19,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

FINAL RESULTS:

Miss Universe 2019
South Africa - Zozibini Tunzi

1st Runner-Up

Puerto Rico - Madison Anderson

2nd Runner-Up
Mexico - Sofía Aragon

Top 5
Colombia - Gabriela Tafur Nader
Thailand - Paweensuda Drouin

Top 10
France - Maëva Coucke
Iceland - Birta Abiba Þórhallsdóttir
Indonesia - Frederika Alexis Cull
Peru - Kelin Rivera
USA - Cheslie Kryst

Top 20
Albania - Cindy Marina
Brazil - Júlia Horta
Croatia - Mia Rkman
Dominican Republic - Clauvid Dály
India - Vartika Singh
Nigeria - Olutosin Araromi
Philippines - Gazini Ganados
Portugal - Sylvie Silva
Venezuela - Thalía Olvino
Vietnam - Hoàng Thùy

Special Awards

Best National Costume:

Phillipines - Gazini Ganados

Miss Congeniality:
Poland - Olga Buława

·
Registered
17,533 Posts
Is Araneta retiring or Binibining Pilipinas will still be around with the other franchises?

I heard Shamcey Sumsup (Binibining 2011) will be in charge. What are your thoughts?
PH currently has the best streak placement (10 years) so it's not like BPCI was doing a bad job, they produced 2 MUs in that run too.
She is not retiring, and BPCI is continuing on with the other franchises. And they just released their statement, which closed with saying that they're the fairest pageant in the Philippines. To me, that sounds like shade about the fact that MU PH's governing body is made up of mostly ex-Aces & Queens people. A&C is one of the biggest pageant camps in the PH. Of the last 10 women who represented the country in MU, 6 are from that camp, including Pia and Shamcey. I, too, questioned how this might impact the selection of MU PH candidates moving forward and if there will be favoritism.

I will say that creating a separate "event" for MU PH is necessary. Globally, it's a different pageant. In the Philippines, it is by far the most important pageant. (I mean MW was happening simultaneously and you wouldn't know it.) So having a separate selection process and pageant for that franchise makes a lot of sense. And especially now that MU has shifted its focus when it comes to crowning winners, MU PH can be more specific with its search for delegates.

I also really like Shamcey. I think she's smart and modest. And IMO, she's one of the most facially beautiful MU PHs in recent memory. She looks totally Filipina. Not that would have any bearing on her role as a national director. We've never really seen her take on a role like this, but she's got a good team around her, especially with Jonas and Nad Bronce, who was in charge of preparing A&Q girls for public speaking and Q+A. I'm sure we'll see whatever new direction they'll take with the franchise soon enough.

·
Registered
32,739 Posts

FINAL RESULTS:

Miss Universe 2019
South Africa - Zozibini Tunzi

1st Runner-Up

Puerto Rico - Madison Anderson

2nd Runner-Up
Mexico - Sofía Aragon

Top 5
Colombia - Gabriela Tafur Nader
Thailand - Paweensuda Drouin

Top 10
France - Maëva Coucke
Iceland - Birta Abiba Þórhallsdóttir
Indonesia - Frederika Alexis Cull
Peru - Kelin Rivera
USA - Cheslie Kryst

Top 20
Albania - Cindy Marina
Brazil - Júlia Horta
Croatia - Mia Rkman
Dominican Republic - Clauvid Dály
India - Vartika Singh
Nigeria - Olutosin Araromi
Philippines - Gazini Ganados
Portugal - Sylvie Silva
Venezuela - Thalía Olvino
Vietnam - Hoàng Thùy

Special Awards

Best National Costume:

Phillipines - Gazini Ganados

Miss Congeniality:
Poland - Olga Buława

She's beautiful.

·
Registered
19,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Btw, I got 15 from the actual Top 20 right in my prediction. Didn’t do so shabby this year. :eek:h:

Agreed, as you can just see through the wildcards who were fit with 4 countries with high sash factors (Philippines, Brazil, Columbia, Venezuela) plus probably the top fan vote (India).
The mentions seem not to work so I’ll quote you just in case you see this. Thank you, @Leif for updating the OP! :hatoff:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts