Hate this draw

·
Registered
32,312 Posts
Agreed. In a draw full of walking byes, she got a quarter full of claycourters

·
Registered
299 Posts
Awful draw. Why would have to be Errani up there?:rolleyes: can she win Duque Marino? Mariana improve lot from last two year. GL lucic. Do best you can do.

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
D.Marino was in RG R3, right? Lost close match to Bartoli which she would win if she wasnt playing against Bartoli + 15 000 Frenchman. Also, she had 5 wins in Wimbledon so she must be in good form since she used to be a walking bye on grass.

·
Registered
16,061 Posts
Mariana made the 2nd round of RG actually, and just missed out on beating Bartoli. :) Still, she's a very tough player on clay :unsure:

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Good luck. :)

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Guess what? Hsieh/Peng won Wimbledon. It sucks to be MLB these days.
Always losing to winning team or team that makes it to final and they are yet to have better result than QF
It happened in Stuttgart, Roland Garros, Wimbledon and Eastbourne that team she lost to lifted a trophy.
And in Rome, Memphis, Florianpolis and Indian Wells team she lost to made it to final.
In Australian Open JJ retired+Mirjana won Midland.
I'm pissed that she doesnt even have WTA sf. Stupid draws!! :mad:

I can only guess how pissed of she is.

·
Registered
18,578 Posts
This'll be a tough one, but on a good day I do see Mirjana winning R1. I don't know about further than that though.

·
Registered
32,312 Posts
Seeded 4th in doubles in Palermo with Zakopalova :eek:

but, very tough draw (maybe the toughest opponents in the tournament): knapp/pennetta first round :eek:

they can take the title if they can get past the first round, but i'm afraid it might be too tough

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Guess what? Hsieh/Peng won Wimbledon. It sucks to be MLB these days.
Always losing to winning team or team that makes it to final and they are yet to have better result than QF
It happened in Stuttgart, Roland Garros, Wimbledon and Eastbourne that team she lost to lifted a trophy.
And in Rome, Memphis, Florianpolis and Indian Wells team she lost to made it to final.
In Australian Open JJ retired+Mirjana won Midland.
I'm pissed that she doesnt even have WTA sf. Stupid draws!! :mad:

I can only guess how pissed of she is.
But she is playing all the STRONGEST tournaments...anyway, they are still fresh team that played only just of few tournaments together. I'm sure they will be top 10 veeery soon, when they get on more consistency! They need to built their game and partnership...There is also no team that "overnight" became the best...ok...if we do not count Williams sisters. I just want to say...they need some more time to play together. But they have so big potential. I think for example that Jurak/Marosi were practicing together and how much time they needed to get on such a high level...Miki and JJ got it there in half of the year. They have potential, just need to work more. ;)

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Seeded 4th in doubles in Palermo with Zakopalova :eek:

but, very tough draw (maybe the toughest opponents in the tournament): knapp/pennetta first round :eek:

they can take the title if they can get past the first round, but i'm afraid it might be too tough
I don't see them winning. It will just porbably be another lose to tournament champions. Only other decent team I see in the draw is DLL/Parra.

·
Registered
11,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mirjana up to #41 in doubles (from #51) :bounce:

Her ranking was in the mid-500s at last year's Wimbledon :eek:

·
Registered
32,312 Posts
i really hope they play together in cincy and toronto and get some more points. they have a solid shot at the yec at this point

·
Registered
18,578 Posts
Yes, only 4
And MLB/JJ would have to win some serious titles to get that far up by the end of the year, plus have a lot of luck with the results of other qualifiers. Currently they're not even at 50% of the required points. But next year...who knows.

1 - 20 of 556 Posts