Tennis Forum banner

721 - 732 of 732 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've been boring all year long about Wuhan and Beijing being perfect surface for her game.
It turned out it was perfect for a player very very similar to Mirjana- Caroline Garcia.
I am quite happy for her, great tennis last two weeks. Respect this result much more than Grand Slam titles of Ostapenko/Stephens.

·
Registered
18,592 Posts
Random question for anyone who happens to know... Marin is Miki's longest lasting coach since...? I really don't think she was working this long with someone in a while (not that it's terribly surprising, but still).

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Random question for anyone who happens to know... Marin is Miki's longest lasting coach since...? I really don't think she was working this long with someone in a while (not that it's terribly surprising, but still).
I believe her coach before this one lasted 1.5 yrs.

He started in Mid 2015 and lasted through 2016.

I remember he was working with her before Wimbledon 2015 when she played Bencic at Birmingham.

Before that Prpric lasted almost 2 yrs. Fall 2012-Spring 2014.

·
Registered
18,592 Posts
I believe her coach before this one lasted 1.5 yrs.

He started in Mid 2015 and lasted through 2016.

I remember he was working with her before Wimbledon 2015 when she played Bencic at Birmingham.

Before that Prpric lasted almost 2 yrs. Fall 2012-Spring 2014.
I honestly thought that her recent coaching arrangements didn't last that long, but your memory is probably way better than mine :)

I must've confused it with those early comeback times, when she was switching between coaches more often (or maybe that was just my impression too).

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Brisbane starts in 8 days. Crazy.
I know. When she announced her year was over, right after the US Open, I was like, "Damn, it'll be forever before we see her on the court again." But, it has flown by - almost four months. LOL.

721 - 732 of 732 Posts