Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several withdrawls in Nottingham 75 k already so if she plays she is now up to 8th seed.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Fingers crossed it stays dry in Nottingham and she gets to play on grass. Last time she was there she got moved to indoor hard and lost to Foretz.

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Wow, never knew that match was actually played indoors.
Always risky with a grass tournaments. So little of them, and then weather always plays a part.
Hope something good happens in this few tournaments she plays.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
Mirjana will play a british WC in the first round of Nottingham.
Then probably Pliskova (the lesser) with her huge serve

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Mirjana's flat drives and powerful all-out attack have proved particularly successful on indoor courts in the past, as we've seen in Doha and Quebec and Midland at various times.

Any quick surface where points can end after a couple of big shots and she doesn't have to think too much, really; she ought to do fairly well in any of those conditions, if fit (indoor hard/carpet or outdoor grass).

By the way, here is her draw quarter in Nottingham. There's a chance for vengeance against Puig in a possible QF:

(1)Monica Puig (PUR) v Magda Linette (POL)
Nastassja Burnett (ITA) v Q
Kristyna Pliskova (CZE) v Shelby Rogers (USA)
(7)Mirjana Lucic-Baroni (CRO) v (wc)Katy Dunne (GBR)

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pliskova would be a stern challenge because of her huge serve. I don't know if Puig is great on grass, but she's aggressive. I'd favor Mirjana over her just on grass experience. At leas she has a good first round draw.

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3rd on center court Not before 1:00 pm. According to the Nottingham page on this site, there will be a livestream.

·
Registered
18,539 Posts
THIS website mentions a stream from Aegon Trophy, but they've list it as an ATP challenger (there's a €64k ATP event in Nottingham this week), so they might just stream the men's matches...

Anyway, good luck Miki!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It's our local tournament so we're off there in a few minutes and will give a report later. I'm sure it will be a good one !

·
Registered
17,275 Posts
3-5 down :help:

·
Registered
17,275 Posts
lost first set 4-6

If she loses this match, this will be her worst one I think

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow. good start then let Dunne back in. She's hitting some good shots but way too many UEs and she's not serving very well.

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dunne is actually playing pretty well. nice hold there for Lucic

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
:confused:Finally up for once to see a trainwreck. How could Lucic lose a set to Dunne?

(Well, we all know how)

This is why I was saying, "Don't get excited about grass season coming." As if grass is some "magic solution" for Miki.

Poor Mark Delaney is presumably on hand to see what could be a horror show. Hopefully Miki will spare herself a fateful loss.:help:

1 - 20 of 236 Posts