Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 560 Posts

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Never know with her.
No news after that unlucky Poiters.
Since comeback she never started a year strong, I really hope that will change.

·
Registered
17,275 Posts
please start strong in 2014 Miki :angel:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hopefully she does well. I think she can't play the following week because she is scheduled to play AO Qualies unless some women WD early.

·
Registered
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Given how Miki usually starts her season, this is an obvious choice of tournament.

Regardless of opposition, early on in the season she plays some subpar tennis so if nothing else this'll bring her the most money in case of another early loss. And it can also serve her well in case she happens to play a decent match against some solid player, which would be good for confidence ahead of a major.

All in all, I think her season opening can only improve compared to previous years so I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Both Mirjana and Jankovic will play Sydney and Brisbane.
Hoping their doubles partnership is still alive. :scared:
Also, Srebotnik will play with Peschke so chances are better ;)
Also, Mirjana now 1st alt in Melbourne.

·
Registered
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Based on this it wouldn't surprise me to see them team up for the season, and also to see Mirjana's plans being under strong influence of doubles schedule. I don't think she'd normally go with both Brisbane and Sydney. I could be wrong though and this might just be a coincidence.

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Really hope for Lucic/Jankovic! I'm sure once they retire in singles they can be great doubles pair with focusing on doubles (in some 30+)! :cheer:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Given how Miki usually starts her season, this is an obvious choice of tournament.

Regardless of opposition, early on in the season she plays some subpar tennis so if nothing else this'll bring her the most money in case of another early loss. And it can also serve her well in case she happens to play a decent match against some solid player, which would be good for confidence ahead of a major.

All in all, I think her season opening can only improve compared to previous years so I'm looking forward to it.
I think what makes it difficult for everyone, including Miki, is that these early season tournaments are stacked. Almost every top player plays one of or both Brisbane and Sydney.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
How nice! ML-B ought to make it into the Oz Open MD ... as 1st ALT w/ three weeks left I'd have to conclude the stars are working feverishly against her if she didn't get in.

Beyond that, hard to expect a whole lot. She seems firmly set in that 104-120 ranking "bubble" for 4 consecutive years, now.

Which is nothing to be ashamed about, not by a long way.

New Year's Wish List for La Lucic?

1. Really OUTRAGEOUSLY easy draws (and solid play) at the beginning of the season so she can get some sort of cushion for the latter part of the season.

2. Productive partnership in dubs with whomever (hopefully Jelena)

3. At least one main draw win this year at either the Oz Open or French Open, the only majors where she has failed utterly since her comeback.

4. I'd like to see her come to net more behind her bjg groundies this year, especially in matches against tomato-can players she needs to put away more routinely. A judicious net campaign throughout 2014 might give her singles game that extra little ingredient of purpose it has lacked in order for her to achieve the next level (a top 75 ranking, at this point).

5. Lots of nice $$$$!

6. Fun and health ... along with winning a few of those big heartbreaker matches that have just plain eluded her grasp.

7. The one scintillating run we've all been hoping for at a WTA-level event, preferably a major, but any WTA event will do, as well.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
^Good news and a well-deserved spot; Mirjana is, after all, coming into the Australian Open after concluding 2013 with her highest season-ending rank (#104) since 1999. That 104th-place ranking is even more impressive given that she earned it playing a higher ratio of WTA-level events, as opposed to ITF-level events than in the past few years.

But it's key that she attained the MD. These days, players who can automatically manage to qualify for Slam main draws based on ranking justify the career journeyman/journeywoman toil. Win or lose, this represents a sweet paycheck for ML-B to launch a long season. So crucial for these mid-level pros.

Hope some ground can be gained in her Australian campaign. Fingers crossed for ideal draws.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
It's probably good she stopped her 2013 so early (Mid-October). She should be healthy and ready to go. I hope she kept Prirpic on board.

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Yehh. Really frustrating that we never get any info about her..
I want some photos and videos, interviews.. :(

·
Registered
655 Posts
Merry Christmas to Mirjana and all Lucic's fans! Love!♥

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Merry Christmas to Mirjana and all Lucic's fans! Love!♥
Well, that was a very nice thing to say:wavey: Thank you. Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that those of us who admire La Lucic are "special" people -- in the best way. Even when we are not perfect (speaking especially for myself!:lol:)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too!

Ajmo Mikica~

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
qualifying action begins in Brisbane Thurs. Evening EST. Qualifying draw should be out Thurs. AM. EST.

1 - 20 of 560 Posts