Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...hope it won't be a short one.

In $75+H Nottingham, Mirjana is seeded #6. Her draw could have been better but it also could have been worse. In R1 she plays Foretz Gacon (#133). Whoever wins will play Keothavong or Broady (WC).

I'll be thrilled if Mirjana reaches the QF. Good luck!

·
Registered
17,275 Posts
good luck Miki, hope you'll have better grass season than clay :)

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Good luck Miki! ;)

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Yeah, GL. She'll need it. Her nice breakthrough momentum from Barcelona-Strasbourg was abuptly halted by the (let's face it) shit draw in Paris. Garcia would have killed her in Paris, even if Sharapova had broken a leg during the first round. Even more ugly was a 6-0 6-0shellacking in doubles. Not even a game. Mirjana ate 3 bagels in Paris.

I'm done expecting anything from Mirjana except for what she actually manages to do. No expectations, no disappointments. Foretz Gacon is streaky but can produce occasional beat-down tennis. Keothavong (likely winner over Broady) will bounce anything less than a focused Lucic. It's tough out there; they all have to bring it. If Lucic wants anything to happen in what's left of this comeback/career she has to start believing in herself like she did in Strasbourg and build on results ... not take backward steps when she happens to get a good result every twelve years.

It's grass. She might have some tricks up her sleeve. Who knows?

·
Registered
17,275 Posts
is there a live score for this tournament?

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Someone on the tournament thread says Miki lost 46 46. Guess Foretz had one of her good days.
We can hardly expect even a determined, focused "comeback-minded" player like Mirjana to withstand the ferocious onslaught and overwhelming talent of the great Stephanie Foretz Gacon, who is feared by players across the earth (particularly after she added the "Gacon" to her name).

No, we must not despair. The very name of Foretz Gacon sends chills down the spines of even the most elite competitors. She enters a locker-room and champions tremble. Many urinate uncontrollably in their panties out of primeval fear.

Mirjana cannot be faulted for coming up short against The Legend, against The Greatness, against the Glory ... of Madame Foretz Gacon.:worship:

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
Not much to say but she is in big trouble.
it's just one match. I don't see how losing one match means she is in big trouble. she does have alot of points to defend in the next few weeks to stay in top 100 but she didn't lose any points today.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
it's just one match. I don't see how losing one match means she is in big trouble. she does have alot of points to defend in the next few weeks to stay in top 100 but she didn't lose any points today.
I think the point is that it's one more bad loss among many just this year. Last year, she was kicking the tomato-can players routinely. This year those types of players are kicking her. Disturbing. The crux of the matter is that she is running out of time. Now that she has a relatively decent ranking to work with, and the goal to make the next logical leap, every opportunity counts so much more than ever before. With all the points opps she has had this year, so many patches with nothing to defend, she should have been at least in the Top 60 by now, but she is showing no signs of the ability to sustain form from one moment or event to the next (Strasbourg excluded).

To my mind, she is already a success because she reached the Top 100 again. If she never does anything else of note (and I am realistically beginning to doubt), then she has done enough and should be proud.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Oh man ... look at the way the draw played-out in Nottingham. Mirjana could have won this whole thing and had time to bake birthday cakes for seventy-five local orphans, if she had the slightest firecracker under her ass.

RUMOR: She feels she has a good chance to win Wimbledon.

Is it a sin to convert to Petkovic?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Lol just to remind you basics: this is Lucic domain so of course we can talk about ups and downs in her game but not about converting to other players, so answer is never. It is a mortal sin ha ha, despite everything I adore Miki and I think that she did quite well despite such long absence from professional tour.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
There's a big article about Mirjana in Croatian weekly sport's newspapers "Max!"
She talks a bit about everything.
She believes she can play 3 or 4 years still at highest level because she doesn't feel spent.
She is pleased with her coach Argentine Hugo Armando, started working with him from start of year.
Goal is to achieve more wins at GS tournaments and not lose in first rounds.
She says that she didn't have much luck with draw in Paris, that she was too nervous and lost easily. It was one of those bad days. Goal is to end year in top 50.
After tennis career she would love to start some TV show about cooking because she enjoys doing that.
Also:
- getting married with Italian Daniele
- wants to have Croatian "klapa" singing at the wedding (traditional singing from Dalamatia)
- is proud to represent Croatia, could have become American if she wanted
- is proud of her family, everyone is doing well
- misses everything in Croatia, nature, sea and most of all nice people
- wants to play Fed Cup and believes it will happen already in next tie
- never played at Olympics but she would love to, her lifetime dream is to win medal for Croatia
- already had contacts with some TV channel about starting her show in the future

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
It would be difficult to convert to anyone else, after the sweet freaky drama that Miki provides.:haha:

3 more years? Oh, Miki ... don't torture us. Your poor fans are already leaning toward blood pressure medicine.

I like her stated ambition, and that she will play Fed Cup (the best thing she could do!!!!!), but she is frankly going to have to beat some bitches, fast, to make the top 50. No Foretz Gacon crapfests.

She cannot afford that shit. She needs (duh!) a few more inspired surges like the one in Strasbourg and, preferrably, snarl her way into at least the final 32 (or 16) at one of the two remaining Slams.

That being said, Miki would be AWESOME with her own cooking show. Her personality, especially when she's rockin' the Croatian accent a bit more than usual, is ideal. She is warm and has a charming sense of wit, and they let anybody do a cooking show these days, so why not her?

Sexy Miki would be a welcome change from the fat, bloated skanks inhabiting American "FOOD TV". I can imagine her nice big boobs hovering over a pot of risotto. Anything or anyone who could distract from that raspy-voiced creature Rachael Ray would be welcome.

C'mon, Miki ... finance the future with some big wins today!!!:p

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
:devil: Yeah, it may seem corny, but I truly do think she would be superb on a cooking show ... lots of low-cut stuff that shows-off her massive honkin' bosoms, plus with Miki's interest in her subject (cooking) and her desire to showcase the Sarasota lifestyle, she would win viewers.

She would be far more interesting than Giada DeLaurentis, who is also cute, but not as pretty as Miki, and try as she might, her boobs are nothing compared to Miki's, and it's all about the boobs.

~kidding~

A cooking show would be a bizarre, but not entirely surprising, turn in her career.

Her best scenario is:

1. Have at least one major, newsworthy "run" e.g. another Slam semifinal, a season ending in the Top 50, whatever.

2. Parlay that notable achievement into a killer autobiography about her wacky journey, and then snag a wicked cooking show.

I wish she would just cut the crap and break out with her big game and kick several girls to the curb. Soon. If your goal is Top 50, then start to kick some ass, girl.

1 - 20 of 789 Posts