Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
49,763 Posts
she should as thats what she did last year
Stanford Tier II Jul 28 02
1 Meghann Shaughnessy - Lucic-Q 7-65 6-3
Qual 3 Lucic - Kristina Brandi 6-4 7-64
Qual 2 Lucic - Greta Arn(5) 6-1 6-1
Qual 1 Lucic - Teryn Ashley 6-4 6-4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,862 Posts
she should be playing challengers...not tier 2 events - even if it is the qualifying.

She needs to play challengers regularly, and start winning some matches and maybe some titles - gain some confidence and improve her ranks so she'll be fit, confident and playing well for when she does play qualifying at these pro events!!!

I think she should also start playing doubles at more events, for match practice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
I totally agree with you martinafan, but I am not sure she is able to play a lot of tournament in a year.... :eek: :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,901 Posts
I wish she would play challangers so she would get more confident and when she plays WTA events can kick some ass!
 

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
Joined
·
49,321 Posts
I'd wish her luck for the BOTW....but it always proves the opposite true. So I'll just hold my tongue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,733 Posts
Well she might have to play some chellengers if she loses here. God she is making it real hard to be a fan at the momment :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,233 Posts
Looks like Mirjana will lose a lot of points as she did not play here. :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
She is playing the Acura Opportunity tournament

Reflection said:
I have no wordw why she is not here.


last news i had was she s goin to play stanford quly
She is playing in the Acura Opportunity tournament in San Diego to get into the Acura Tournament qualifying draw. saw her name in the paper for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,268 Posts
Thanks Jacquie. Does it say who else is playing or Mirjana plays?

Mirjana never intended on playing here in Stanford. She was never on any of the committment lists so I do't know why people are surprised - she had never entered in the first place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
yes here's her results

MirjanaLfan said:
Thanks Jacquie. Does it say who else is playing or Mirjana plays?

Mirjana never intended on playing here in Stanford. She was never on any of the committment lists so I do't know why people are surprised - she had never entered in the first place.
the opportunity tournament winner will play in the qualifying draw..
leslie Koffi d luic 6-1 6-4
in quarters were:
Koffi d BiffyKaufman 3-6 6-2 6-4
Lee Julia Whitwell d Lauren Perl 6-2 6-2
A Bradshaw d Beau Jones 6-4 61

That's all they showed a lot of local San Diego people usually play this event.
 

·
SMUstang,
Joined
·
8,482 Posts
wait lucic lost to koffi? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,268 Posts
Koffi beat Lucic ? That would be too much. Thanks for the results but I really don't think Mirjana would lose 6-1 6-4 to an unranked player - she better bloody not have. I hope it's an incorrect score.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,813 Posts
MirjanaLfan said:
Koffi beat Lucic ? That would be too much. Thanks for the results but I really don't think Mirjana would lose 6-1 6-4 to an unranked player - she better bloody not have. I hope it's an incorrect score.
Well nobody can doubt Mirjana being committed or not since she is going down to pre-pre-qualifying level lol. But I will question what the hell she is thinking. Acura qualifying draws are ALWAYS far stronger than the ones in Stanford. When you have qualifying points to defend as well , why risk it? Doesn't make sense to me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
unless there are two Mirjana Lucic?

Bradshaw#1 said:
Well nobody can doubt Mirjana being committed or not since she is going down to pre-pre-qualifying level lol. But I will question what the hell she is thinking. Acura qualifying draws are ALWAYS far stronger than the ones in Stanford. When you have qualifying points to defend as well , why risk it? Doesn't make sense to me...
So unless this is a different paper the LA times had the score
Lelie Koffi d Mirjana Lucic 1 and 4.
sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,064 Posts
She should have played Stanford. The draw is so much weaker there, and seeing as she has points to defend, its an obvious choice. I dont know whats going through her head.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top