Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally a win against Rodionova. Can she back it up against Voegele? She's really dangerous on clay.

·
Registered
18,579 Posts
6:2, 6:0 vs. Voegele! :worship:

They've played twice before, Miki won once in three sets, but their only previous match on clay went to Voegele pretty convincingly 6:2, 6:4. That makes this win even more impressive.

Now onto the main draw, and with these two wins under her belt, and a bit of luck with the placement, God only knows what could happen. Madrid is the best place for big hitters among all claycourt venues (due to altitude), so we might be in for an interesting week :)

Go for it Miki! :bounce:

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
Great result. Maybe skipping Stuttgardt will turn out to be a wise decision. She's in Madrid fresh and not burned out by too many matches. I believe this will be her first main draw in Madrid, having lost in Qualifying to Keys in '13 and, I hate to remind everyone, Medina-Garrigus in '11.

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
The Q spots are pretty tough except two Q's will play each other. I wouldn't mind seeing her draw Kvitova She's pretty rusty and just retuning from injury. That would be an interesting match to see.

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
30 points are in the bag.
If she wins another match it will be 95 points and also great prize money 27,000 euros.

I really don't have any wishes regarding the draw. Maybe even Errani would be fun. Lepchenko has been out for a while also. Or another Q would be OK.
This spots also have winnable R2 matches.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
They've played twice before, Miki won once in three sets, but their only previous match on clay went to Voegele pretty convincingly 6:2, 6:4. That makes this win even more impressive.

I remember that match in Osprey. Miki was 1/17 on break points including a 13 deuce final game where she just couldn't break back and wasted 11 break points ! Much better today !

·
Registered
18,579 Posts
Not to mention Voegele is not really a dream draw for a player like Miki when it comes to playing a match on clay.

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
I remember that match in Osprey. Miki was 1/17 on break points including a 13 deuce final game where she just couldn't break back and wasted 11 break points ! Much better today !
I remember that now that you mention it. I must have blocked it out. :lol:

Mirjana has had a few, uhmmm, "Interesting" matches on the Livescores. :tape:

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mirjana will probably have to play tomorrow but still not known against who because all Q-matches aren't finished. :mad:

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One player I did not want Mirjana to draw, she did...Garcia
SO ANNOYING

She's by far most in form of all players that get to play Q.

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
It should be a good match. Garcia not the most consistent and can't really outhit an in-form Lucic either. It should be much closer than their match at Monterrey where Mirjana had a very long match the day before and ended up retiring.

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Garcia will atack Mirjana's 2nd serve, and thats almost easiest on clay.
Also, she has really good first serve. Not sure if Mirjana will be able to attack it at all.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts